Why Jerry Gergich Is The Best Character On 'Parks And Recreation'

Who wouldn't want to start their way the Gergich way?

1282
Bustle

Parks and Recreation is simply the best show I have ever binge-watched on Netflix (and if you haven't watched it, drop everything and boot up Netflix). From the pointless humor to the character development throughout the season, I couldn't get enough.

Now, there is a reason to love every single character on Parks and Recreation and everyone most likely has a favorite character for one reason or the next, but Jerry, Gary or Larry (or whatever he decides his name is), is by far my favorite character and here is why:

He is the comedic relief and go-to guy to make fun of, even if he has done nothing wrong. He sure knows how to take it like a champ. He created the infamous tag line of, "Dammit Jerry!"

He called a mural a murnial. I'll just leave it at that.

He created the infamous way to start your day... Obviously the Gergich way that consists of eggs, bacon and toast. Also, the fact that his whole family knows the song is quite priceless.

He doesn't know his own name. He has been called Jerry, Garry and Larry throughout the show, not even telling people what his real name is, and going by whatever others wanted to call him.

Jerry is my favorite because of his endless love for his friends, his kind character and his ownership of his faults.

Jerry is my favorite character because, well, he's the most real. He loves his friends and would do anything for them. They make fun of him, yet he would bend over backwards just to help them out (even if sometimes they don't want his help). His kindness radiates from his character. He seems to have just been an afterthought in the beginning of the series, but his character has grown and developed as he embraces his faults. He has short comings and he has true talents that he doesn't always get credit for. He doesn't mind it, though. He seems to not care that his friends don't know his real name, and they don't care to know his real name. He cares about them because they are who they are.

Jerry is every one of us. Sometimes we don't get credit for everything we do but we have a choice. We can either be salty about it or accept the world as it is. Jerry chooses to not let anything get in his way of happiness.

At the end of the day, Jerry isn't the brightest crayon in the crayon box, but he embraces who he is. We could all learn a lesson from Jerry.