Why It's Better To Travel Together
Travel

Why It's Better To Travel Together

It's spring break! Who are you traveling with and where?

19
Why It's Better To Travel Together
https://www.pexels.com/photo/street-road-driving-road-trip-9047/

It's spring break, which means people are either going to the beach or going to the mountains. For the past six years, every spring break my family and I have gone skiing with two other families. While traveling with twelve other people might take longer to arrive at our destination, it's about the journey, not the destination, right?

There are so many memories that you can share with one another on a trip! There are plenty of inside jokes and stories to laugh about when you return.

Passing the time may seem impossible, but if you're in a car with friends and family, the hours seem to fly by! The most important rule of traveling in my family is that the passengers have to keep the driver awake. My mom gets car sick so she usually falls asleep, which means that the responsibility of keeping the driver awake falls on the rest of the traveling party. My friend and I try to make good playlists that everyone in the car can appreciate. Upbeat songs are recommended because they are more likely to keep the driver awake. Classic songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody or fun sing-along songs from High School Musical are always good choices, too! Make sure there is an eclectic vibe to your playlist, that way everyone at least knows most of the sings and can sing along.

Traveling together also presents a good time to have deep conversations and catch up with your family and friends. Tell funny stories or vent about something at school. Talk about politics or don't talk about politics. Whatever you do, make sure you're just enjoying one another's company because it's not every day that you get to hang out with your best friends and family. Don't take it for granted!

My friend and I also like to download movies and bring a couple of books just in case the drive gets boring. I always bring a fiction book and a nonfiction book to read. If I get bored with one book then I have a backup one! This trip we watched two rom-coms: She's Out of My League and The Switch. Both were hilarious and entertaining!

When you finally reach your destination, your trip is already off to a great start! Now you just need to enjoy your stay and prepare for another fun car ride back. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get home as long as you are surrounded by friends, family, laughter, and some good music! Some may say it's about the destination, but it can also be about the journey.

I