10 Reasons Why Cats Make The Perfect Pet For College
Cats

I'm Not Kitten You Right Meow But Cats Are Purrfect For These 10 Reasons

Cats are the best and it's not even claws.

136
Stephanie Cornejo

I will admit I'm a cat person, this doesn't mean I don't like dogs I just have more love for cats. I grew up with only having cats so that's whyI've been used to them for most of my life. There's just something about cats that seems to just make me smile or tear up a little bit from their cuteness. I guess I could admit I am the ultimate cat lady considering I do follow cat accounts on Instagram. How could you not love cats though, they're purrfect.

1. They're the cutest. 

This is an easy one, cats are the cutest. They're just so fluffy and when you hold them they just cuddle into you.

2. When they meow your heart might melt.

When you cat meows you automatically respond to them and they just sit there and meow some more. They're still so cute though.

3. They like to sit with you (usually).

Most cats will come and cuddle with you unless they're in a mood. Although, when they do come and snuggle with you they make sure you're giving them enough attention. That also means you can pet them for as long as you want.

4. They make good company.

If you're ever home by yourself and you have a cat you're not really by yourself. They'll come sit with you and make plenty of noise to keep letting you know you're not by yourself. Also, if you ever need to have a good convo with someone they'll listen to you even when they start to walk away.

5. When they're kittens they're the best to play with. 

Cats are cute in general, don't get me wrong, but that first time you get a kitten and bring them home it's the most heartwarming experience. Also, they are always in such a playful mood and when you see them getting excited as soon as you bring a ribbon out, it's the best

6. They seemed to know when you're about to leave.

Whether you're packing for a trip or heading back to school your cat(s) seem to know. Either they'll follow you around or sit in your suitcases almost begging you not to leave. You reassure them though that you'll be back soon.

7. They seem to know when you need some cheering up.

Every time I'm sad my cats seem to always know that I need some cheering up, so usually, they'll come sit with me or sleep with me that night.

8. They make great study buddies.

Even though they really don't help you get any studying done because usually they'll sit on your keyboard or nudge their head on your hand till you pet them. However, they at least make studying fun!

9. Looking at pictures of them can help you feel better.

If you're having a bad day or even week looking at a picture of your cat(s) will instantly make you feel better. It will at least put a smile on your face and make writing a paper or studying for a test not so bad.

10. They become part of your family.

You miss them like you would miss your parents or you have just as many or more pictures of them on your phone as other people would have of their friends. You say hi/bye to them as much as you say hi/bye to actual people.