My Whole Life Can Be Sumarized Into Spotify Playlists

22

1. “Changing Me” by Anna Golden

This song is a constant reminder that Jesus will always show up in your darkest moments. You just need to take a step back and let Him move. You aren’t supposed to be in control, you don’t have to take charge of everything. Listen to this song on your way to class and it will change your whole day.

2. “Try” by Colbie Calliat

This song is for the girls out there that are trying too hard. Society tells you how to talk, walk, dress, and look. Why do you have to listen? You should look how you want and act how you want. Do what makes you happy and what makes you feel beautiful. You don’t have to try so hard. Listen to this as you get ready in the morning and you won’t feel the stress of having to cake on makeup at 7AM, unless that’s what makes you genuinely happy.

3. “Nobody’s Perfect” by Hannah Montana

This is for all the guys and gals that feel the need to match perfection. I am a firm believer that guys also rock out to 2007 Hannah Montana as much as girls do. This song is a daily reminder that perfection doesn’t actually exist for humans. You never will be able to find a person without flaws so don’t try to make yourself into that person. Hannah Montana wasn’t perfect and neither are you, but that’s perfectly okay. Listen to this when you’re feeling like you’re not enough and you’ll realize you are.

4. “Follow Your Arrow” by Kacey Musgraves

This song tells you to do whatever makes you happy, which is exactly what everyone needs to be reminded of sometimes. We can try and follow the latest fashion trends or keep up with all the cool music, but if we’re not happy then why bother? Kacey Musgraves has been taken off some country radio stations for not singing “real” country music, but she seems fairly happy to me. Listen to this when you’re feeling pressured to go with the trends.

5. “Kind” by Amanda Cook

This song should be a continuous reminder of how kind our God is. Kind is such a simple word, we as Christians frequently call Him merciful or righteous. We use kind to describe each other. But in our times of despair or weakness He is kind. He waits on us and accepts all of our emotional stuff. While trying to explain God in the mightiest of ways we forget that simply put, He is kind. Listen to this when you're at the end of your rope and don’t know what to do.

6. “Hakuna Matata” from The Lion King

What a wonderful phrase. Where would we be in life if we didn’t all relate to Disney? This song honestly tells you to STOP STRESSING OUT. Don’t panic when you can’t make it to ever super rad social event. Don’t freak out when someone doesn’t like you back. Just don’t worry about the small things, everything will happen the way it is supposed to. Listen to this song when the smallest of things is stressing you out. If you dance to it you’ll feel even better.

7. “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey

Need I say more?