Now I Understand 'When You Know, You Know'

This is a saying we have heard our whole life about all kinds of things and I used to think I would never understand it. 21 years later and here I am finally 'getting it.'

41
Bailey Martin

My parent's, teachers, grandparents, anyone who is/was an adult around me growing up used to tell me, "oh when you know you just know." But what did I need to know?

Whether it be about a love life decision, a job opportunity, or a big major life decision. When you know you know.

It sounds crazy, but there came a point in my life when I was content, I was happy. Everything was lined up exactly how I wanted it and I had no more toxicity in my life. I have a great family, a great group of best friends, a great boyfriend, job, school is going amazing - and that was my "ah-ha" moment. I knew it!

I knew I made the right decision when coming to school, which led me to meet the best group of friends a girl could ask for, that led me to meet the best boyfriend God could give me, which led me to get a job that helps me with my future and leading to wanting to excel in school. I did it, I had reached the point of knowing, I was okay, happy, and on the right track. But now you're probably thinking, "Bailey, how did you know you were at that point? How did you know when you got there? What got you to that point?"

Wonderful question(s). Because anyone who knows me knows I am the absolute worst at making decisions, I am always the last to order at a restaurant, buy clothes, or anything like that because I just simply can not decide.

But you come to a point in life when you thought you knew it all, thought you knew everything had it all planned and wasn't worried about anything getting in the way - then bam! Everything changes up - your whole 'plan' you thought you had is warped and completely different than how you originally thought it out to be. So you try and try to figure things out and that right there my friend is when you hit it... 'when you know, you know.'

You know things aren't going to work out always as planned, you know that toxic people don't need to be in your life, you know that you are on the right career path, you know you are doing the absolute best you can... you don't have to know it all, but you do know you are doing the best you can and that's all that ever matters!