What's Wrong With Being Confident

What's Wrong With Being Confident

Believe in yourself. You can do it!

355
What's Wrong With Being Confident
Ready To Transform

With 2016 already almost a few weeks in, one huge goal I am working towards is building up confidence and really standing tall by not letting words get to me. This is something I have always focused on, but this year, I plan to really reach for it.

There are so many people that try and bring others down every single day no matter what the reason behind it may be. The way they dress, the music they listen to, the food they like - it is ridiculous and people need to really start being caring to one another. I do not understand what is so hard about being nice and showing a little love to everyone no matter who they are.

You are your own person in many different ways and need to realize that you are stronger than anyone who tries to tell you otherwise. You bring so much into the world and should see the difference that is brought into the world every day by your actions.

There is nothing wrong with being different. If you want to have blue hair, dye your hair blue. If you want to get a tattoo of your favorite band across your forehead (although I don't recommend that one) if that is what makes you feel confident, do it! Everywhere you go, there will be someone judging you and, at the end of the day, you have to realize that their judgement only builds you up and should not tear you down.

I admire people that truly walk through my campus, or anywhere really, with their head held high, ignoring every nasty or harsh thing thrown their way. To those people: You keep doing you, and know that you inspire many every single day.

There may be bad days, some where you don't think you can get out of bed. They will happen. Take a breath, and think to yourself that you can do it. You are strong. You are confident. A lot of the confidence that you may be finding yourself lacking really comes from within oneself. If you want something, go for it. Do not let anyone stop you.

If you are reading this and find yourself in a place where you do not know if you have the confidence to be who you are, seriously come find me and I will be there to listen and help you stand tall and face those obstacles as much as I can. You have probably been there for many, whether you know it or not, so I will be there for you.

Lastly, when walking through campus, try listening to Demi Lovato's "Confident". It is truly a bad-ass song that will pick you right up on your feet (not to mention get you across campus in five minutes).

You never really know what someone has been through, so this year, what I ask you to do is drop the judgments, and ask yourself, what's wrong with being confident?