What The 'Friends' Characters Taught Us

What The 'Friends' Characters Taught Us

They'd be there for you too.

356
What The 'Friends' Characters Taught Us
"I'll be there for you, because you're there for me too."

What better way to describe the relationship between the well-know and loved "Friends" characters. Each one of these characters had their strengths and weaknesses, but without a doubt they each taught endless life lessons. That is just one of the reasons "Friends" is the heartwarming show that everyone loves. Here's what our favorite "Friends" characters taught us.

1. Rachel

Rachel demonstrates growth. Rachel started out as a perfect, little princess who didn't know how to work or live on her own. This was not easy for her at first, but after rising and falling, she learned that sometimes working things out on your own can feel good. She shows empowerment for all women. You do not have to rely on other people to have success. Be confident in yourself and you will go far in life.

2. Joey

The best part about Joey is his big heart. Joey might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but he sure is the sweetest. He showed that a lot of love can go a long way. He cared about each one of his friends so much. He was willing to do whatever it took to make them happy. Joey let us know that will a smile on your face, you can conquer the world.

3. Phoebe

Phoebe exudes positivity. She is just a bundle of joy. She is so naive, yet so aware of the world around her. She chooses to be herself. Phoebe does not care what anyone thinks of her. She is an individual. Phoebe teaches us that we shouldn't hide who we are on the behalf of others. Be you.

4. Chandler

Chandler is an overlooked character. His comedic relief portrays him as a lighthearted, funny guy. Although this does describe Chandler, he is much more than that. Chandler needs his friends every single day. He depends on those close relationships. Of course, Chandler is an awkward guy. Underneath of all his sarcastic comments is a sweet guy. Chandler shows us that it's okay to need your friends. We do not need to be tough all of the time. Sometimes friendships bring the biggest joy to our lives.

5. Monica

Monica is powerful. She is not afraid to tell you like it is. She knows how to take charge of a situation. Every girl should take this trait from Monica and run free with it. She does not let people walk all over her. We all should be as confident as Monica.

6. Ross

Ross is successful, and rightfully so. He shows that hard work and dedication pays off. He got a good job and was able to support his family. Ross is a family man. He cares about his relationships. He always wants what is best for the people he loves. Ross taught us that no matter how many times we get down, we have to get back up for the people we love.