A Dumb Freshman's Guide On What NOT To Do During Finals

Yup, I did them all.

45

Finals week feels like a punch to the face, especially coming from someone who's experiencing it for the first time. Please refrain from making some stupid mistakes that I have just done and am literally still in the process of doing.

1. Waiting until the last minute

When you have a million different assignments due, there is absolutely no room for procrastination. I've been playing constant catch up, and it is not worth it in the long run. You can do nothing once the semester is over, just do your damn work now, trust me.

2. Not sleeping

Usually playing catch up results in having to miss out on some sleep. Make sure to at least sleep a little bit though, or you're gonna crash. I didn't sleep for nearly 36 hours and after that focusing on the stuff I had to do was really hard, and it ended up taking way longer than it would have if I would've gotten a little sleep.

3. Forgetting to eat

Sometimes this happens for me, I'm going hard in the library all day, and then I realize that its 5:00 and I forgot to take a break to eat. All this is gonna do is make you exhausted and fatigued. Food breaks are the perfect way to take some time away from studying, too

4. Underestimating the amount of work you have

Know going into it that you're going to have a ton of work, I've been pretending like writing 10 pages isn't going to actually take the amount of time it takes to write 10 pages. You have to take breaks, but if you are taking three or four hour long breaks because you're psyching yourself out, you're screwed.

5. Convincing yourself that you're being productive

Okay, you're in the library, that's a step, now get off your phone and actually do something. At one point a few days ago I watched like three episodes of Brooklyn 9-9 with all of my papers spread out around me. Alright dude, if you're gonna screw around, lay in bed for a little longer. You aren't going to magically absorb information just by sitting around a bunch of bookshelves.

We're all going to get through this week sent from Hell. I believe in you all. Good luck and Godspeed.