What How I Met Your Mother Taught Me

What How I Met Your Mother Taught Me

You can learn alot from watching Netflix.

26
What How I Met Your Mother Taught Me
The MacGuffin Men

Most people have watched a Netflix series. Sometimes they're just to watch, but I never thought a Netflix series would teach me things about life. I never thought it would provide me with life lessons and advice. “How I Met Your Mother” did just that.

1. If it’s meant to be it will be.

If you are meant to be with someone, you will be. If you are not meant for someone then you will find the one you are meant for one day. This doesn’t have to be just with relationships either. Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes you might be waiting to hear back about if you got the job or not. If you don’t get the job, don’t be sad because there is something greater on the way.

2. Never be afraid to be yourself.

Don’t be who others want you to be, or who you think others want to see you. Be yourself no matter how goofy, smart, or crazy you might be. Be true to you, and don’t let others change the beautiful person you are. Be confident in yourself, because once you have learned to love yourself, someone else will love you more than anything.

3. You always have someone.

No matter what happens in life, you will always have someone. You will have them to listen, talk to, and have a shoulder to cry on. They will always be there to help you, and care for you. No matter the distance between you they will always be just a phone call away. These people are your true friends in life.

4. A TV show makes me care way to much about its characters.

I’ve watched plenty of television shows but I never imagined that I would care maybe a little too much about a character in a show.While watching the show I would yell, cry, and laugh when something happened to a character.When something bad would happen I would feel so bad about it and bad for the character. I would be happy for a character when something good happened as well.

5. Believe in Destiny.

In life we hit many bumps in the road. When he hit those bumps we must believe that destiny will have something good happen in the future. Sometimes we lose faith that tomorrow will never come or we will never be happy, but just believe that something great will happen. Believe in hope, and that there’s always something good in life, because one day everything will make sense.

6. As we mature our relationships mature too

As mature in life, we learn what is most important to us. We discover what we need to put first and what we need to leave behind. While we are moving forward in life what our relationship is also evolves. For example, you and your significant other might begin to focus on the important aspects of your relationship and what your future holds with you together.

7. The “Front Porch Test”

The front porch test is when your friend has potential boyfriend or girlfriend.You imagine you and your significant other and your friend with their significant on a front porch in the future, when you are old. If you cannot see them with you on the front porch, then they have not passed the test. You can even do this with your own potential boyfriend/girlfriend. If you cannot see them being with you for a while, then maybe you aren’t meant to be.

I guess you really can learn a lot from watching Netflix.