What Is Friendship?

What Is Friendship?

We all have friends in our lives, but what does it truly mean to be a friend?

347
What Is Friendship?

Hey, friends! Lately, I've been thinking of what friendship truly means to me. From my elementary years to college years I have made amazing friends and some not so amazing friends that have taught me many lessons, so here is a list of what friendship means to me!

1. The "go-to" person:

Every time you see an attractive person walk by, you quickly try to Snapchat it to your friend or when you need to vent about someone or something that made you mad, your friend is the first person you go to. It's important that to have someone you can go to when you need something because we are human and we can't do everything on our own.

2. Approval:

When you're picking an outfit for the day, your friend is the one you go to for assistance or when you have a crush on someone, you ask if your friend approves. There is nothing wrong with seeking approval, especially from your friends because your friends may see or understand something that you don't.

3. Arguments:

(We knew this one was coming)...friendship is not friendship without arguments. There will always be something that you and a friend will disagree on so it's OK to argue and to have mini-break ups because in the end, you will learn more about each others' boundaries and how you work as a pair. Having arguments will show you who your friend truly is; are they making an effort to fix the issue? Do they really care about you?

3. Buddy:

Your friend is your buddy and goes with you everywhere! You party together, try to take the same classes, eat lunch together, travel together, and even go to the bathroom together. It's always nice to have a companion where ever you go because you have someone to share memories with.

4. Separation doesn't phase you:

Spending time with your friend is great, but it's a better friendship if you two can be apart for a long period of time yet still be close friends when you're reunited. It's good to know that you have someone that still cares for you when you're miles apart!

5. Treat friends like family:

I love this part of the friendship because you're almost like your friend's child (LOL). For example, if you ever need a place to stay your friend's house is always open to you and you can always depend on your friend to feed you, bathe you, give you clothes, etc. You always look out for one another.

6. Everlasting.

Lastly, to me, friendship is everlasting. Having a friend to grow up with, graduate high school and college with, see each other get married, have kids, and grow old with is one of the best things in life, it all comes together perfectly.

Thanks for reading,

Adyiam "Lovesherfriends" Kimbrough