The 1 Million Dollar Question: What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?
Life Stages

it's okay to not have everything figured out yet

109
https://www.pexels.com/photo/girl-in-white-long-sleeve-shirt-and-black-skirt-sitting-on-swing-during-day-time-12165/

What do you want to be when you grow up? This question is asked all of our lives until adulthood and the college bills force us to pick something so we're not broke the rest of our lives. This question can be a hard one to answer and it's okay to not have everything figured out yet.

As little kids, it was easy to answer this question. We could dream big. We could always change our minds. It did not matter what we liked or what we were good at. We could be anything and everything.

Then you grow up and realize that all of those dreams were unrealistic. It may be even discouraging to think that you used to believe in yourself more as a child than you do now as an adult.

Sometimes it's important to still have that child-like hope in your future. The older you get, the more muddled the future becomes. It is confusing as different people in our lives tell us what to be when it's actually up to us to decide.

Here's some advice: don't be afraid to dream big. Listen to others advice but don't feel like you have to do what your parents or your friends are pressuring you to do just to please them. Pursue what you are passionate about and not what others expect you to be passionate about.

Find out what you want to pursue and do it. Make your dreams come true not by dressing up and pretending on the playground but by seizing every opportunity, working hard, and believing in yourself.