Welcome Back

Welcome Back

Some college advice.
7

To everyone going back to college, I welcome you back.

College is honestly one of the best experiences. College is not for everyone, but those that it is made for, I hope you are enjoying it.

Life will never be the same once you enter it because little by little college changes you. Whether it be a new sleep schedule because you are now staying up until 3 in the morning because you are addicted to Netflix. Or you are stressing out over everything because anxiety has a grip on your life. Or you have gained the Freshman 15 for the third year in a row.

College is what you make of it. You have to make the best of it because if not, the experience will not be enjoyable. So go out there and join clubs and take extra classes that you know you will enjoy. Go on adventures and enjoy the time that you have. This is where your life changes all the time. This is the time where you become the person you were always meant to be.

You start forging your own path now. College allows you to make your own decisions. It is all about you now; never forget that. No one can tell you what to do. This is where you grow up or stay perpetually stuck in high school where everyone does everything for you.

College is one the best experiences a person can have. You learn more and develop your own morals and ideals. The circle of friends that you gain will last for the rest of your life. These people know you more than you know yourself sometimes. Like, they know where to put stuff when you are moving in because of how messy your desk can get, or they know your Taco Bell order, or even what cereal you like to make you feel better after a rough day of school and work.

These are the people that you need in your entire life. You know that they will answer the door for you at 3 o'clock in the morning. And you know that you will be there for them in the middle of their crisis.

No one can change the way that you are and it is important to stay true to who you are. That is what college is about.