Mississippi State Dining, We Need To Talk...

I love you, but things need to change.

616
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnRWUE3lE5K/?taken-by=msudiningdawgs
Instagram

I have never had an issue with Dining Services, that is until now.

I want to start off by saying that I love Mississippi State with my whole heart, it has not failed to be the BEST university out there IMO, and dining services has never failed to put a smile on my face, but that being said... We have some issues.

Look, I get it. Working to serve the needs of college students is hard, and especially in the food business, we are very easy to please, but also very easy to disappoint. This being said, I need to address some things...

Thank you for opening up Perry till 4:00 p.m. this year, because it's honestly a game changer. BUT that being said, it saddens me to see that around 2:00 p.m. everything is almost gone and nothing new is being made... You are open for 2 more hours after that but don't have anything left? I'm sorry, but this does not make me happy after a long day of classes...

Residential P.O.D.s, living in Dogwood Hall, I have the convenience of having a P.OD. located on the ground level of my dorm. This was also super convenient last school year living in oak and having access to the P.O.D at Hathorn Hall and being able to take a break from studying to grab some MSU chocolate milk and get back to it, but I can no longer do this due to the shorting of hours... With the P.O.D only being open till 10:00 p.m now I have to take an earlier break, which messes up the whole cycle. If you agree with me, here is a petition to change the P.O.D back to original hours of 7:30 a.m to Midnight.

I think we can all agree that there needs to be a place on campus that is open 24 hours, especially since we have IA's that are working overnight, they need some snacks too. Also, some people don't have cars on campus, and they could be late night studying and don't have access to a car to hop in and go to Cookout, so there needs to be something open 24 hours, not just for those reasons but just for pure convenience.

Flex dollars are a blessing from above, but that being said, if I want to go to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and get a sandwich combo it should fit on a block, I don't want to pay $0.82 on Flex because my block meal does not cover the full thing... This doesn't really affect everyone, but people who only get $150 per semester would greatly appreciate it.

Templeton, I haven't talked too much about it, but in all reality it is expensive.

While on the topic of Flex Dollars, I think we need to address the prices of Fresh Foods and Perry... This is not okay, for people who have a limited amount of blocks, they do not want to pay over $10 for these places to eat on campus... If we are going to have to pay after we run out of block meals, then it should be affordable because of the limit of flex dollars that are given to the student on the said meal plan. This can also be pricey for students that don't choose to get a meal plan but are on campus during dining hours, yes this could be solved by getting a meal plan, but not getting one is the most affordable options, but with having to pay over $10 for the dining hall this is not true.

MSU Dining you really do feed the dawg inside, but you also break the bank...

But no hard feelings.