We Don't Have To Label Our Religion To Have A Relationship With God

Because, God knows our hearts better than the people preaching who he is.

75
Wordpress.com

Being "religious" and being in a relationship with God is two different things.

People see you go to church, they see you pray in public before eating, and they hear and see you talk about God. So you have to be religious, right? Doing these things is what make people assume that you are.

Being in a relationship with God means so much more than just being known as "religious." Being in this relationship with God you do all of these things but so much more. God is your best friend, you talk to him every day about everything. You lean on God through every bump in the road and every obstacle you face.

Building your relationship with him is so much more than just going to church and talking about him to others. Building your relationship with God can mean so many things and there is so many ways to build it.

Reading your bible because you want to learn more about his word, praying to him constantly because you want to, praying for others because they need it, and talking to God because its your choice. These are all things to build your relationship... But wait, there is so much more.

God needs you to tell others about him because they need his love in their lives. Doing God's amazing work will help strengthen your relationship with him. Everyday God has a job for you and everyday will be a different task. No, you will not know it but after you do something, God will always let you know when you do. God works miraculously. It is quite amazing.

Being comfortable. Being religious is being comfortable. Why be comfortable with your beliefs when you can grow stronger and deeper into your faith? Why just settle down on your relationship with God when you can make it so much bigger than all the seas? Build your relationship up with God, don't settle down for less. The more you give to God the more he will provide for you.

Psalm 63:1-3 "O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you."

Our souls thirst for our Lord. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Whether we know it or not. God created us, God created us to love and to be his children! We are born to love others, to love our God, and to spread his joyful love around!

So why be religious? When you can have an amazing relationship with God that is so much more valuable.