WaysTo Kick Bad Periods

12 Ways To Ease Those Awful Period Symptoms Besides Just Crying On The Couch

Because avoiding the world isn't always an option.

175

I know what you're thinking, why do I think you want an article about periods? I don't. I just wanted to write one because periods suck. They're painful, they cause moodiness, they make you sleepy, and it's honestly just 3-7 days of waiting for it to be over while silently praying that Mother Nature would just send a postcard instead.

But, since that doesn't happen we get stuck with a week of hell. Most women want to curl up with some ice cream and their favorite romcom. Just eating and crying the pain away until the awful period is over. While that works just fine for some people, it isn't exactly the healthiest of options. So, I have comprised a few more ways to get through your period without sugar loading and crying on the couch.

1. Heat, heat, heat.

Heat can relax your muscles and alleviate a lot of the pain that comes from cramping and bloating.

2. Avoid foods that are bad for you.

Foods/drinks high in caffeine, fat, and high amounts of sugar cause bloating and water retention which makes you so much more uncomfortable.

3. Muscle relaxers are key.

Girl, buy some over the counter muscle relaxers, drink a lot of water, and eat something. Good as new.

4. Drink a lot of water.

Drinking water helps to keep your body from retaining more water than it needs to while on your period which can relieve a lot of pressure and cramping.

5. Exercise.

I know, no one wants to exercise while bleeding from their vagina. I get it. However, it actually really does help relieve the pain and stop you from retaining so much water.

6. Essential Oils.

Essential oils help with everything from a sinus infection to muscle aches. Relieve your stresses and smell good at the same time.

7. Gatorade 

This one is one of my own. For some reason having a Gatorade on standby to nurse throughout the day keeps my mood up and my pain levels down.

8. Naps!

This is my favorite one. Take all of the naps. Getting a good amount of sleep releases the tension on your body and relaxes you, therefore making your symptoms way easier to manage.

9. Massages.

Who doesn't want a massage? Ease your pain and your troubles by getting those aching muscles worked out as well as massaging your stomach. Just take time to treat yourself a little.

10. Have an orgasm.

Yes, I said orgasm. I wouldn't know from personal experience, but I have heard that the best solution is this solution. Whether it's a solo mission or not. Do you, girl.

11. Elevate your feet.

My roommate told me this one. She says it takes the pressure off of your uterus and makes you feel better.

12. Eat healthy foods.

Eating healthy foods isn't exactly what anyone really wants to do while on their period. But, eating healthy foods with high levels of calcium can act as a muscle relaxant.