Washed In The Blood

Washed In The Blood

Trusting in God is the key to flourishing.

2
Washed In The Blood
Holly Page

Over the past year, God has dealt with me like He's never dealt with me before. I felt convicted about the relationships in my life (social status, friends, etc.) but wasn't willing to give any of that up. God still continued to deal with me and convict me about those things. Finally I just talked to God about it because I was angry. "God why are you asking me to sacrifice people and things in my life that are benefitting me and making me a better person? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I don't know if I'm ready to let those things go." But then I realized something. God didn't want to give up his only son as a sacrifice for all mankind, it was a horrible thing. But he did. Because His love for us is everlasting, never-failing, and never-ending. Surely, if God gave up His son to die for us on a rugged cross, surely I can sacrifice the people in my life that I'm putting above Him; so I did. I gave up social media, I gave up those relationships that weren't worth risking my relationship with God because anything you put before our God is an idol. It was the hardest thing I think I ever had to do because, like I said, I wasn't ready to cut ties and give up those things, but no person, no thing will ever be worthy enough. But God is. Which brings me to my main idea. This Sunday, October 9th, I was rededicated and baptized by my community group leaders, my sisters in Christ, and best friends, at a church I feel welcome in and I love. The water was cold as ice and a pleasant breeze is not as pleasant when you're soaking wet, however my friends and parents were on the very front row with beaming smiles and everything was so perfect. I cannot wait to walk on this long life journey with God holding my hand and leaning not on my own understanding but His word and direction alone. On the contrary, trusting God with everything in you is easier said then done. We humans want to always be in control of our lives but the truth is, it's already planned out perfectly and it took me this far in my life journey to finally realize that I cant always be in control of my life and how things pan out because according to God's plan, it already is. I am so overwhelmed with happiness, the love and support of my friends and family, a merciful God, and a wonderful life. I not only want to share this milestone in my life with my close friends and family, but I want to share this moment with everyone I know because I am not ashamed and I encourage everyone to just give all you have to God because He is our one true love and no one, no thing shall or will ever be put before Him.