It's Time To Head To Walmart, But Not For What You Would Think

No credit card or money required, just your car and an FM radio.

17

In recent months, all of our favorite hobbies and pastimes have been put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but as some things are beginning to slowly reopen, other facilities and businesses are being forced to take it slower or hold off. Some places are finding new ways of bringing us entertainment. Walmart, on the other hand, is bringing back a classic: the drive-in movie.

This is part of Walmart's initiative to aid kids and families in making the most of the summer, mid-pandemic. They teamed up with celebrities such as Lebron James, Neil Patrick Harris, Idina Menzel, and Drew Barrymore to launch an online entertainment program called "Camp by Walmart." These celebs take the time to create instructional videos in fitness, arts and crafts, or other activities for kids to follow along. The program will offer over 200 activities throughout the summer for families to tune into. It can be accessed through the Walmart mobile app's "Services" tab, and the software is created to adjust to the individual child's interests throughout the program, making the activities and experience unique for everyone who chooses to tune in!

For those of us who are missing checking out the hottest new film to hit the box office, Walmart is also offering drive-in movie theaters at select locations! Walmart is converting the parking lots of 160 supercenters into safe, no-contact drive-in theater locations for guests, and even better, all of the showings are free! All you have to do is reserve your tickets ahead of time on the Walmart Drive-in website.

They have a great list of films to show, including the original 1984 Ghostbusters film, The Wizard of Oz (1939), Spy Kids (2001), Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (2018), and more. Each vehicle only needs to reserve one ticket, and they have tickets to sell until the designated parking is full! Gates open at 6:00 p.m. for parking and the film showings begin at 7:30. All you need is to do is reserve your ticket, head to the movie, find a parking spot, and tune your car's FM radio to the designated station for the film's audio. Worried about snacks? No need! Walmart associates will bring your concessions directly to your vehicle for you.

If this sounds like a great deal to you, you should check out one of Walmart's 320 showings located all across the country! Check out their website for the location nearest to you!