WAG! Offers Summer Jobs For Students
Life Stages

Hanging Out With Pups While Getting Paid? Wag Has you Covered

Summer jobs aren't always about interacting with people on a day to day basis, sometimes it involves a paw or two.

111
https://pixabay.com/en/puppy-dog-pet-animal-cute-white-1903313/
www.instagram.com/bosquedogs/

Traveling abroad during the summer is the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me. I love the unforgettable memories that I'll one day be able to share with my grandchildren, but finding a job since I've gotten back has been hard.

Trying to look for a job in July has not been going well at all, but this wouldn't be the first time I've found myself in this predicament. Last year I did the same thing, but I can't remember what hindered me from applying for summer jobs early in the game.

Nonetheless, I have given up trying to find a job in an actual building with A/C and social human interaction. Instead, I have resorted to walking dogs in the North East San Antonio area for WAG! This dog walking service has recently been paying for more television ads after Rover (another dog walking service) has popped up; some review pages have even said the latter is better.

Regardless, I had already chosen WAG! when I was an incoming Freshman at UT and I'm frankly too lazy to fill out Rover's application. Now here I am walking multiple dogs during the heat of the day in order to recharge my bank account after it had been drained from my summer travels.

While the Texas heat keeps getting hotter as the days go on, I'm finding myself walking dogs becoming easier and easier. Not only am I earning $8-$15 plus tips per requested walk, but I am also getting to hang out with the cutest dogs that San Antonio's residents have to offer.

At first, I thought I would be walking Golden Retrievers and a lot of terriers since those are the dogs I see outside the most, but not me! I've noticed the most gorgeous dogs are the ones cooped up in their houses waiting to go out and sniff the fresh green grass.

I've walked Boxer's, German Shepard's, a toy poodle, Labrador's, Huskies, and so many others. Not to mention how well behaved all of these animals are, even when I'm walking two at a time (now if only my own dog would behave like that).

Since I've become more dedicated to the fellow pooches in my area, I've made myself more readily available as a walker and the benefits are really starting to show. I'm getting in my daily exercise, perfecting my highway driving and dog skills, getting to know the San Antonio area better, and getting in that tan I didn't know I needed.

For all of those students out there whether they be in high school or college, I highly recommend working for wag. If you don't have a car, no worries, you're able to set up the distance you're willing to go to pick up the dog. This has been such an easy way to earn money when no one else around is hiring because of how late in the summer it is; after all, we only have a month or so before school starts and even less if you count pre-moving anxieties.