I Went and Visited Popular NYC TV Apartments

Yes, I saw the Friends Apartment

185
author's photo

Ah, apartments in New York City on TV. so fun! I went and visited different apartments from some popular television shows shot or 'set' in New York City. Yes, you can take a real, legit tour like this and pay a good chunk of money, or as I did, you can look up the locations of these apartments and go on a DIY tour like I did! Here is what I found:

1. The Friends Apartment

A nice place in the West Village. It's funny that this is such a big tourist attraction, Snapchat even had a location tag for it, and there were several groups of people taking pictures. There's a little restaurant in that blue and red space called 'the little owl'. They totally should have made that a coffee shop called 'Central Perk' instead if you ask me!

2. Carrie Bradshaw's Apartment

Very hip, in the west village, lots of sunlight. It's funny because the sign behind us says to be quiet and courteous of the neighbors- they probably get pissed it's a tourist attraction!

3. Kimmy Schmidt's Apartment

A nice little place in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, right near the water. A lot of open space near this apartment so it makes sense they would shoot here. The apartment is just like in the tv show and supposedly people actually live here currently too!

4. The Bar In Younger

So it's not the 'Younger' apartment, but it's the East River Bar! The bar Josh and Liza met and the bar right near Josh's place and his tattoo studio. It's very fitting in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and makes sense Josh would love around here. Very hip. Ah, it's so cool thinking I walked down the same street as Josh and Liza!