Universal Orlando Is Reopening To The Public On June 5
Currently

Universal Orlando Is Reopening To The Public On June 5, And It's The Most Florida Thing Ever

The phased approach will allow employees to come back to work on June 1 – 2, on June 3 guests will be invited, and on June 5, the parks will be reopened to the public.

5926

Universal Orlando is planning on doing a "phased reopening" of its theme parks in Florida.

The phased approach will allow employees to come back to work on June 1 and 2. On June 3, guests will be invited, and on June 5, the parks will be reopened to the public.

In America, there have been more than 88,000 deaths from coronavirus (COVID-19) to date, and experts are warning against a potential second wave of the virus if we do too much too quickly.

Theme parks are not "essential" by any means. And while everyone would like to see us beat the pandemic and reopen the country, states, and really our lives, it shows something that theme parks are opening so quickly when they are clearly not a priority.

Experts are even warning of a second wave in parts of Florida. While the parks are outside of the Gold Coast — where experts are warning a second wave could hit — those are only educated guesses at best. And something like the reopening of a theme park to the public might only exacerbate the issue, spreading it further than expected and sparking another lockdown.

While it seems almost inevitable that a second wave will hit because of the actions states and our president are taking to reopen quickly instead of properly, it's certainly avoidable. But when theme parks are opening as though they were a priority to public life, it seems even more unlikely that we will not have a second wave that is as bad, or even worse, than the current wave.