You Should Unfriend Or Disfollow People That Unfriend Or Disfollow You On Social Media

One of the reasons why people should not follow too many people on social media is that they will not be able to see everybody’s posts on that same day. Keep in mind that you will gain more followers and friends as time passes. You need to make some space and room for those that are coming in the future.

1174
https://www.maxpixel.net/Display-Phone-Applications-Apps-Screen-292994

It happens to all of us. We lose a follower or friend on social media. Sometimes, it makes us sad. Do you know what to do in response? Instead of being sad about it, why not unfriend or disfollow the person?

Another reason is that it is hard to keep track of who unfriended or disfollowed you on social media. Some platforms like Instagram and Snapchat will not get rid of people that unfriended or disfollowed you. You have to find out and remove the person’s account from your profile by yourself. The more followers that you have, the longer and harder it gets to keep track. On the bright side, losing a follower or friend makes things easier for us.

The third reason is that we might be trespassing on the person that has unfriended or disfollowed us. When people send a friend or following request, it shows that they are comfortable with us looking into their profile. When we accept their request, we are fine with them looking at our profile. Sometimes, it is best to not see what others are posting.

The fourth reason is that people that have unfriended or disfollowed us are using us to give them more views or likes. Some people that use social media are narcissistic. We need to teach those people a lesson.

The fifth reason is that it will help improve your mental health and reduce your narcissism. It will teach us to appreciate those we have in our account. It will make you not wish to have too many friends or followers. It will also help you cope with moving on.

If you have to unfriend or disfollow someone on social media, then make them unfriend or disfollow you to make it fair. Some platforms like Instagram have the option where you can make people unfriend or disfollow you instead of waiting for them to do so.

The only exceptions to those that do not follow or befriend us are businesses, animal or pet lovers, and celebrities. Understandably, they need our attention more than we need their attention.