6 People That Are Unexpected Inspirations

Who knew?

9
ET Online

People who know me know I am a very passionate person. I admire many people, and these inspirations help me to set goals and get closer to the person I want to be. However, there are certain people I look up to quite a bit that most people wouldn't expect. These are not necessarily people I want to be like, but they are people who brighten my day with their work and remind me of the simpler joys in life.

You may not agree with me that these people are inspiring, but I see a lot of good in them that I think helps me to be a better person. I also picked people who are alive today, because although I am inspire my many historical figures, I figured I would keep this one current.

1. Lin-Manuel Miranda

I guess this one is not that unexpected. Many people have come to admire this celebrity ever since Hamilton came to the broadway stage. Not only did Lin-Manuel create one of the greatest musicals of all time in my opinion, he is also a wonderful person. He encourages his followers on Facebook and twitter to treat each other with kindness, and to believe in themselves. It always brightens my day when I see inspiring messages from Lin, even though I don't know him personally.

2. Taylor Swift

Almost every teen or twenty something loves Taylor Swift, but it may come as a surprise that she is inspiring to me. I think her music and lyrics are incredibly true to many of the romantic experiences I have had. I appreciate that someone has put struggles I had into words and music. Many may think she is overrated, but having someone perfectly describe a tough relationship in a song is extremely comforting

3. Jenna Marbles

Yes, Jenna Marbles the Youtuber, who we all loved in middle school. I still watch her videos, and she makes me crack up every week. She is very funny, and genuinely enjoys making people laugh. I think this is a wonderful thing, and it brightens up my life whenever I watch her videos.

4. Hank Green

I suppose this one isn't unexpected as well. Not only does Hank manage to make a though provoking vlog every week, he also encourages his followers to educate themselves. He believes that intelligence is the path to a fulfilling life, and through his vlogs and my own life experience, I have found this to be extremely true. I am extremely grateful that Hank is as popular as he is, because he is one of the most inspiring people on the internet in my opinion.

5. John Green

Again, not that unexpected, especially since I appreciate his brother's work. John Green has contributed to the internet phenomenon which is Nerdfigheria. He also emphasizes the importance of intelligence, which I think is absolutely wonderful. John Green is also a very talented writer, and his books have given me and other young adults comfort. He also encourages girls to be smart and not put up with boys that don't like smart girls. As a younger girl, I really needed to hear that.

6. Superwoman

IISuperwomanII is another YouTuber. She never fails to make me laugh, and always brightens my day with her videos. She is also not afraid to get real with current social issues, which I appreciate. She also has overcome a lot in her life, so it is inspiring to me that she can be so funny and can choose positivity.