Understanding Richmond Weather

Understanding Richmond Weather

Never have I been somewhere that experiences all four seasons in one week.

18
Understanding Richmond Weather
Collegian

No matter where you are from, you can't deny the madness that is Richmond weather. In January this year we were floating around freezing for one week, then up to 50°F the next, oh and then there was the snow. February brought more madness with a high of 75°F one Monday and a low of 37°F on Tuesday. March was beautiful with highs of 80°F and clear blue skies, that is until it snowed, again, during the 10K race down Monument Avenue.

So what have I learned from living in Richmond? Well, you can never assume that just because you were in a sun dress and Jack Rogers the day before you won't need your ski jacket and Uggs the next day.

You will pretty much flit back and forth between spring and winter for the first three months of the year.

But Richmond looks beautiful whether it is snowing or the sun is shining. Plus due to snow we have had three snow days and more delayed starts. NO 9 a.m. classes!

The problem with this, though, is that dhall food hours are limited and the despite all the take out/delivery options only Chinese Chef would deliver. Sweet and sour chicken for days.

Richmond is such a beautiful city and when it does turn to spring the trees do not disappoint.

Once you get the hang of the weather in Richmond you will find the clear days, warm or not, lift your mood and make the walk around campus sparkle a little more than usual. Just don't forget to check the weather app before you leave!