Understanding Game Classes in Aion - The Gladiator

Gladiator

9

In the game of Aion, if you begin a character as a Warrior, once that character reaches Level 10 and gets his wings you can choose to make him into a Gladiator. This is a Daeva who follows the Star of the Sword, with the Elysean Gladiators following the Empyrean Lord Nezekan, who watches over justified wars, and the Asmodian Gladiators serving the Empyrean Lord Zikel, lord of destruction and slaughter.

The Gladiator attains a vast array of deadly battle skills and masters many different weapons. But accuracy and power during attacks are the hallmarks of the Gladiator--not wow boostoff. This character has great value as the member of an allied legion and as a solo player who is engaged in in-fighting.

One of the greatest weapons of the Gladiator is the Polearm, which not all characters can wield with great effectiveness. They can use the Polearm in melee fighting and attack multiple enemies simultaneously. Gladiators can also increase their ability to withstand damage through the use of Plate Armor.

So, the Gladiator has tremendous force which is enhanced through the use of many different weapons while also being very tough and able to take much, much damage. But this character is the polar opposite of the Templar: while that latter Warrior-upgrade is primarily concerned with absorbing and mitigating damage, Gladiators are there to deal it out. This means that when you play this character you have to watch yourself and not bite off more than you can chew by trying to take on too many enemies at the same time. But, it's true that within a melee (or even solo) thepolearm weapon can be used to sweep multiple foes off their feet, and then the Gladiator or his allies move in for the kill.

This character can take on many different roles within a group due to the array of weaponry and armor that can be wielded by him. Tanking one-on-one, dealing damage far and wide, or interfering with multiple enemies so that allies can kill them are all roles that Gladiators can take. They can use the polearm, the two-handed great sword, or two different weapons at once.

However, nobody's perfect. This character doesn't have the best recovery skills once hit. So if you play this character it is very important for you to pay close attention to your health and to how many enemies you are allowing to hit you. Normally the Gladiator carries a shield, but sometimes in single combat you'll want to discard it for the sake of going on an all-out attack--typically this character's best defense. Within group play, Gladiators can greatly increase enmity and they have an "area of effect" which makes them invaluable on offense while not interfering with their allies.