The Ultimate Guide To Being A Community Health Manager

Step by step instructions to being a part of a thriving Odyssey community.

623

The Community Health Manager manages and oversees the GroupMe, ideates around successful team building exercises (i.e. pizza party, Odyssey party, Odyssey meetings, Odyssey get-togethers, buddy systems, pen pals, weekly topic lists, etc.) and helps the EIC with duties to keep the team culture active.

Monday

Initiate conversations outside the Odyssey sphere.

Objective: Because your community should know each other as people, not just by their content. This also creates excitement. Sending out a team survey, suggesting a weekly meetup, or asking what everyone did that weekend is a great place to start.

Resources: Group chat conversation starters

Tuesday

Get everyone excited about submitting.

Objective: By asking everyone what they wrote about, it could create organic conversation that could lead to future article ideas for creators.

Wednesday

Encourage everyone to their share links in the group chat.

Objective: Encourage everyone to share their opinions to lead to healthy conversation.

Shout out top creator article.

Objective: Creators should get feedback on how well they’re doing. Or, if they submitted a more personal piece, this would be the time to acknowledge how proud you are they decided to share their experience. This could also be the complete opposite, like if a creator wrote a hilarious article & everyone could use a good laugh.

Thursday

Share article ideas with the team.

Objective: Give your team a little inspiration if they’re stuck, or talk about local // recent news to gauge whether anyone has a strong opinion

Resources: Google News