10 Things You Know If You Patch

10 Things That Are True When You're A Patch Addict

To quote the great Britney Spears, "Gimme, Gimme more. Gimme, More, Gimme Gimme".

51

Recently, I just started to put patches on my clothes, and I quickly found out that it is ADDICTING!

Patching is an amazing way to make clothes unique and express yourself. I have always been a huge supporter of expression through clothing, so I am beyond happy that this trending is coming back. If you also patch your clothing, then you know these 10 things to be true. If you don't patch clothing and have always wanted to try it out, I HIGHLY suggest that you do!

You spend forever digging through the patch section

Time does not exist once you enter the patch section of a store. Is it dark out? Light out? You don't know. How much time has past? Unknown.

You are constantly apologizing to employees for rummaging through the display to get to the bottom of the pile for the actually UNIQUE designs and trying really hard to not look shady because you're spending so much time looking at a square piece of fabric.

You buy clothing just because you know patches would look cool on it

Lindsay Messina

Cheap Forever 21 jacket? BORING. Add some patches and you have a stunning and unique article of clothing.

When you find a patch in a store you had no idea sells patches, you lose your MIND

PATCHES IN YOUR UNIVERSITY'S SCHOOL STORE? IN A STORE YOUR FRIEND TOOK YOU IN ON A WHIM? A wonderful surprise to say the least. It's like your two worlds are colliding but you're ready to spend money regardless.

You spend more time than you should planning the aesthetic of what you're patching

Is your patch too far to the left? Does it even look good? Does it match the other patches? You agonize over every minor detail until you finally just give up and grab your iron (or needle and thread).

Once you start, you can't stop

Your body automatically gravitates towards every patch you see in a store and you can't help it. Even if you just bought a patch a day ago, or don't have any more room for any more, you can't help it if another patch is the perfect addition.

A part of your soul dies when a patch falls off

Interview Crying GIF - Find & Share on GIPHYGiphy

The day a patch falls off is the worst day of your life. (Cue sad violin music). The day a patch RIPS beyond repair requires a proper mourning period.

You HAVE to ask someone where they got their cool patches

Suddenly, you apparently have no problem talking to a legitimate stranger to get the details on where they found that specific patch. Even if you don't talk to them, but still see their cool patches, you feel a bond of solidarity.

You definitely have patches you bought with no idea what to do with them

Maybe one day you'll find a home for that patch sitting in the bottom of your desk drawer, but until then, there it shall remain. Maybe they can just throw it in your coffin when you're buried. (P.S- please figure out how to patch my tombstone.)

You are constantly searching for cheaper prices

Whether it's scouring the internet or asking around for the cheapest place to find patches, you are always on the hunt for a deal. Because, seriously, you love to patch, but why are you always buying $5 designs when there are definitely $1 options? (I'm looking at you, Hot Topic. Why are your designs so cute?? Lower your prices.)

When someone gifts you a patch, it's better than any holiday ever

"I thought of you when I saw this" and the design being something you actually enjoy may honestly draw tears out of your eyes. (Bonus points if you get a patch ON a holiday)