how to be fearless

The Truth Behind Becoming Fearless

"The moment you decide to push past fear is the moment you decide to be true to yourself."

78
The Truth Behind Becoming Fearless

What does it mean to be truly fearless? Does it mean that you enter every situation with total confidence? Does it mean that you never face any doubts or insecurities? Throughout college, the biggest hurdle I have faced is fear. Fear is often what guides our decisions and interactions. It is the first thing that enters our mind whenever we enter new situations. When we make a conscious decision to be fearless we reinvent how we approach everything in our lives.

Fear is not something you can completely avoid. Fear will always be present. But, it is up to us to decide how we choose to confront our fears. We can allow them to take control, or we can push past them to reach our goals. If anything, fear should serve as your motivator. Whenever you are afraid to try something, make that your reason to want to succeed. When we use fear as a driving force instead of a setback, our entire perspective changes.

Fear is something that is ever present in the minds of college students. As students, we are fearful of many things. We are scared of not performing well on an exam, of being denied an internship, of losing a friend. The list goes on and on. College is a time of constant change, and from this, stems a feeling of fear. I have seen many students allow this fear to take over and consume their college experience. Remaining in fear will always be an option. But, if you truly want to succeed in college, you have to constantly strive to push past your fears.

We refuse to admit it, but we are often the source of our own fears. We have a tendency to dramatize the challenges we face until they seem insurmountable. We focus on the negatives, which allows more fears to grow. We all can admit that we are hard on ourselves. We want to be our best at everything we do. And when this proves impossible, we let fear set in.

Becoming fearless isn't an easy task. It's also not something that happens overnight. Pushing past your fears requires a constant effort and determination. One way to push past fear is to do something daily that scares you. This could mean confronting someone about how they made you feel or applying for a position that may seem impossible to get. If we make a constant daily effort to confront our fears, we will be well on the path of becoming fearless.

I believe that faith and fearlessness are strongly intertwined. I am by no means fearless. But, I do have faith, and through faith, I have been able to push past some of my greatest fears. Faith teaches you that no matter what happens, there is hope and lessons to be learned. When things don't go your way, hold onto the hope that something better will fall into place. Faith is all about having a strong belief that everything happens for a reason and that you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

I challenge you to do one thing today that scares you. Start small, and work your way up to conquering larger fears. Always remember that you have everything you need to succeed. The moment you decide to push past fear is the moment you decide to be true to yourself.