having faith in hard times

Remember: God Is Still Good, Even When Life Is Not

Remember, faith sometimes means believing in what you can't yet see.

322

I was inspired to write this article by the recent series started by LifeChurch. I'd highly recommend going online and watching those sermons. You'd be surprised how badly you may need to hear the words in them.

I feel like this is something that people are afraid to talk about, but they shouldn't be. People are afraid to admit that, just for a moment, when life is terrible, we question what God is doing.

I'll be the first to admit that I have done this. There have been numerous times when I've carried so much pain and prayed so many prayers that seemed to go unanswered at the time.

I would think, "Why are you letting this happen? Do you even hear me? Do you even care?"

That is OK. It is OK to ask these questions. It is OK for your faith to be shaken. It doesn't lessen the love or trust you have in God.

When a lot of people hit this point in their relationship with God, they decide to turn their backs on him because they assume that's what God has done to them. I promise you God will never turn his back on you.

God has a love for you that is hard to understand because we as humans are not capable of such a perfect love. But there is nothing that will ever be able to separate you from the love God has for you.

Maintaining your faith and relationship with God during hard times means wrestling with the pain while trusting him, struggling with doubts and uncertainty, and having the patience to trust in his plan.

If you choose to give up all your worries to God, you will find yourself anchored and drawn closer to him in your time of struggle. Remember, faith sometimes means believing in what you can't yet see.

It is so much easier said than done, but you really have to have faith in the plan God has in store for you. He has your life already planned out for you, and sometimes you have to struggle in order to get to what he has in store for you.

Here is a verse that I keep in mind:

"For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." — Habakkuk 2:3.

That verse helps to remind me that God has beautiful things in store for me, and I must have patience through the waiting. We are impatient humans, but God's timing is perfect. If it isn't God's time you can't force it, and if it is God's time you can't stop it. He will bring you love, happiness and success in his perfect time.

Until then, use this time to grow closer to God. Strengthen your faith and believe that when God says "wait" or "no," it is for a greater good.