Trump's Title X Attack On Planned Parenthood Is Disgraceful And Anti-Woman

Planned Parenthood is a family planning and reproductive health organization that specializes in women's health. The most publicized procedure the organization does is perform abortions. With these procedures, there's lots of controversy from the pro-life side of the debate.

The pro-lifers believe in the notion that an unborn fetus deserves the same rights as any living person. The pro-choice side of the debate is that the choice is completely up to a woman to decide what she does with her body.

Both sides have argued for many years over their beliefs and in the current political climate in the United States, things have only gotten more intense.

Due to the 40-year-old public health program Title X, Planned Parenthood and other healthcare agencies received funding from the government to be accessible to low-income families.

President Trump recently announced that a revised version of Title X will be put in place but will not include funding for abortions that aren't a result of incest, medical emergency, or rape.

Because of this Planned Parenthood has announced they will not accept any money from Title X. The decision to not accept the money, even for funding of the other medical procedures available at Planned Parenthood has left the company scrambling to find enough money to continue with normal operations.

The prevention of women being able to have the choice to make a decision about their own bodies has never been taken well and especially now this decision will not go down well in history for the Trump administration.

With the presidential election in 2020 just around the corner, changes to Title X are bound to have a big impact over the campaigns on both sides.