How To Not Think About the Trump Inauguration
Politics

Or in general, not to think about politics at all.

10
Wikipedia

I hate politics. Like, practically despise it, and many may scorn me because of it. I’m a female Asian immigrant: shouldn’t I care who’s going to be our next president of the United States and what he may do minorities, females, handicaps, immigrants, dogs, cats, Russia!

A small voice can do a lot, but when it’s done, it’s done. I believe protesters and speakers, who have good heart, mind, and spirit, are doing their part a little extra, and now it’s simply Trump’s job to respond, correctly or not-correctly. This isn’t giving up; no, it’s far from it. I like to think it’s called hope.

Hope is a delicate term to meaning to rely, but I think it’s what’s most needed now. Hope that the United States government can stand by checks and balances; hope that perhaps, if I dare say, Trump won’t be as terrible a president as a person; hope that the protests that fight for good don't channel chaos in America.

So how do we express this hope? Do we slander our current president? Do we slander the people who voted for him? No. We mind our own business, and voice advocacy. Calling Trump, a pussy-grabbing, perhaps rapist, masochist is going to do nothing. Empower your ideas on gender, sexuality, rights, and more with words or positivity: love.

You don’t have to live under what Trump believes, says, or does. You don’t give power to the enemy. Simply, stand your grounds. Stand it until the floor crumbles beneath you, and then swim to shore in the waters that want to drown you. Fight with your own strength against the tides.