Treating Yourself Is Important

The 'Treat Yo Self' Lifestyle Is Important For Your Happiness

Be your own best friend!

52

I honestly feel as if everyone I know is going through growing pains.

By growing pains, I just mean change. Whether it's a breakup, a new job, maybe you're struggling in some area of your life and it just makes you feel a little unmotivated, and like you need a pick me up, and that can be absolutely everything.

I know my girlfriends always tell me that when they're stressed, they take a nice shower or bath and paint their nails and put on face masks. When I'm stressed, I do the same thing and douse myself in lotion and perfumes! Treating yourself is truly a form of self-care, and it helps.

It seems that something so small like that truly wouldn't matter in terms of caring for yourself, but it does. Going out somewhere nice to eat matters, or even just snagging a milkshake that has a ton of calories. It's okay to let go and indulge!

Maybe there's a video game or handbag you want really bad. How long have you been wanting it? Would you really use it? If you adore something, get it. Treat yourself to things from time to time as a present for getting through the rough times.

I know a lot of college students don't have much spending money, but setting aside some of the money that you do have from time to time simply to indulge, is a good idea. It can be $10 or $20, it really doesn't matter. I think it's so important that we learn to start treating ourselves like our best friends. We deserve to be spoiled and loved, and we owe it to ourselves to do so.

Whenever I feel down in the dumps, my friends invite me out so I'm not sitting in self-pity! We either go to the movies or have something like a girl's night. Sometimes they'll insist I treat myself to greasy food and pay for my tacos. I love them to death and I do the same things that they do for me, so why can't I do it for myself?

Why do I slap my wrist and say no to the little things I want to treat myself to? Okay, so maybe you shouldn't treat yourself all day every day, but once in a while? You totally should! Be your own best friend, and treat yourself accordingly.

Look in the mirror and say loving things, hype yourself up! Dance in the mirror to music and cook yourself the yummiest breakfast you can. Spend the day at the mall or enjoying the loudness of the city around you. Get the Starbucks drink you like and spend the night curled up eating pizza and watching Netflix on the couch.

Everyone deserves to be happy and the way we make ourselves happy is indulging in the finer things in life. Stop denying yourself simple pleasures and let go and enjoy everything you possibly can. Treat yourself and love yourself to the best of your abilities.