To Travel Is To Live

To Travel Is To Live

Travel: It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller

159
To Travel Is To Live
google

Wanderlust (n): a strong desire to travel.

I love to travel. Put me in a car, plane, or train with some destination in mind and I am a happy camper. I usually don’t care where I am going, I just like to be someplace new and seeing new things. I look at every vacation or trip someplace as a new adventure of sorts. Even if it is just going out of state to visit friends or family; to me it is something that I do not see or experience in my everyday life and that is an amazing thing.

For my whole life I have been fortunate enough to travel. Every year my parents and I go away for a week or two on vacation, sometimes to someplace in the United States, and sometimes places outside of the United States. But no matter where we are going, there is one thing that doesn’t change year after year…. The excitement I feel as I am getting ready to travel someplace. As I am packing my suitcase, a million thoughts run through my mind. What will this trip be like, who will I see there and meet there, what will I do while I’m there, what is life like there, the questions just keep popping into my mind. And the night before we leave, oh forget about it. Sleep is just an idea at that point, for I just want the adventure of the vacation to start.

This year I will get to add 3 stamps to my passport and I am beyond excited. I am going on a mother daughter trip, just me and my mom. A week of sun, sand, drinks, relaxation and time with my favorite person. What could be better. Fast forward a few months and I am going to my favorite island in the world world, the little island of Aruba. I could go on and on about Aruba, I have been going there since I was just a few months old and it is like a second home to me. Even though this is not a new place for me, the excitement is just the same as a brand new destination. And then finally I get to celebrate my birthday (well a week later) in the most magical place on earth, DISNEY WORLD!!!!! If you think that after these jam packed adventures that I will have had my fill of traveling, well you are surely mistaken.

I have one aspiration in life, and that is to travel. I want to travel to as many places I can, see as many things as I can, do it all. Ireland, London, Paris, Australia, Greece, send me any place and I’ll be happy. I want my kids to have the same experiences that I have had. I really believe traveling does something to a person that nothing else can compare to. Many times I come home from a vacation looking at things in a whole new way. You learn so much by traveling to different places, something that a textbook, movies or the internet cannot teach you. If someone told me that I could pack my bags right now and travel, I would just have one thing to say… What airport do I leave from, and off I would go. So if you ever get the chance, travel and see the world in a whole new way. I promise you won’t be sorry.

“Why travel? To be changed, and to be changed again and again.”