I'm Traveling To Salem For The First Time And I'm SUPER EXCITED

Let the adventure Begin

13

As a witch/magic enthusiast and a lover of history, I'm super excited to be going to the place where a lot of things happen. I know it's SUPER touristy but I don't care. My favorite part of American history happened there and I am LIVING for it. Imagine waking up every day and feeling the crisp autumn weather and Spooky vibes are lingering in the city of witchcraft and history. There is so much history in Salem and I can't wait to walk through it and feel the spooky vibes that were lacking in the south. I have so much child-like excitement that I am surprising myself due to my lack of emotions.

I am traveling to Salem, Massachusetts with my wonderful husband, who put this together, for our one year wedding anniversary. I know he's my soul mate because he hates Halloween and all things spooky yet he surprised me by planning this trip. This place has so much history that I can imagine that you can feel it in the air as you are walking around. I can't wait to see all of the sights where situations happened and where people stepped for either practicing what they believed in or were killed in the name of something they didn't believe in either. The dark history of Salem is sad but it is so underrated.

History comes and goes in cycles. There is a lot that happens that isn't written in textbooks that you read in high school. When you think about the Salem Witch Trials, I would imagine that you think of the witch hunt of men and women. It is so much more complicated than that. There is a hint of politics that you don't think of. Imagine having land that the church wants during that time. All they had to do was name a person a witch and they gained the property of the accused.

The torture that these poor souls had to go through would make a person faint nowadays. Imagine having to look at your family and a basket of kittens being burned alongside you as you feel the pain of being burned. The terror that ensued could turn any brave soul into a broken soul. That's why I have a lot of respect for people who live their truth. Imagine practicing witchcraft or having a same-sex partner and getting killed for it. It wouldn't fly nowadays.

Going to a day where a lot of terrible stuff happened can give you a sense of respect for those who passed or continue to live their truth. That is why I am so excited to travel to Salem. There is so much history there and it makes me feel like a child on Christmas morning. The fact that I get to share this with my history with my loving husband makes it even more magical then it was already. Don't stop traveling because you gain respect for things that don't normally get it.