Explore Your Inner Witch in Salem

Explore Your Inner Witch in Salem

You won't regret it

9
The Black Witch House
E. Azevedo Photography

Salem isn't a place that is for the faint of heart. There are some spooky vibes and weird feelings in certain areas, but if you are a spooky fan than go. This is a place should be on your bucket list to go. There is so much history to be felt here. If you are a baby witch like myself, this is a perfect place to dip your toe into. If you are a foodie on a budget like my husband, this is a place to go as well. Do yourself a favor and don't stay in a hotel. Rent an AirBnB because you won't be disappointed. My husband and I stayed at this updated colonial house and it was beautiful plus its perfect on a budget.

The amount of history surrounding Salem, Massachusetts is something to behold. You feel the history walking around the houses and the downtown area. Places like the House of Seven Gables, the Black Witch House, and the Bewitched statue are the places to go. The House of Seven Gables inspired the work by Nathaniel Hawthorne and the house itself is amazing to take a tour in. You explore everywhere in the house. The Black Witch house is the only house surviving the Salem Witch Trials in Salem whereas the other places are in the nearby town of Danvers. Did you know that Salem was cut in half later and created the town of Danvers? I didn't know until I went on a town of the town.

The food quality and the charm of the food is amazing in Salem because everywhere you look in the downtown area there are tiny restaurants that offer variety. There was a bar called Mercy Tavern that caught our eyes with all of the rainbow flags and all of the colorful outside decor. One guy was working the tables of the restaurant/bar because of how tiny it was. The drinks and the food were amazing and they load up your plate. We went to another restaurant called the Ugly Mug diner for a late lunch and it was amazing. It's only open until 2pm and the food had the best breakfast food in the North East because as a southern girl, I'm picky about breakfast. What caught our eye was the Transgender Flag that was in the window. My husband and I had to go investigate.

Lastly our AirBnB was an updated colonial style house that had been converted into three apartments. That's how big it was. The house itself had a vintage overall vibe. It wasn't too updated and it wasn't completely original. I loved exploring all parts of the house. There was a haunted vibe to it also. The closets where amazing and there was a tiny closet within the master bedroom closet. It was so precious. I experienced my first day in 20 degrees and I loved it. Being bundled up and walking around with the crisp air was so much fun.

I would consider this trip to be my favorite because of all the things I was able to experience in this sleepy town. I can't wait to go back. If you like the sleepy little town vibe, then I would suggest going to Salem.