I Am Totally Obsessed With My Dogs

I Am Totally Obsessed With My Dogs

The chronicles of Olive and Mabel.

2
I Am Totally Obsessed With My Dogs
Bethany Newell

When we move out of the house, we miss a lot of things. We miss our parents, our own showers, our kitchen, and also our pets. Over the first two months of my sophomore year, I have been fairly homesick. I missed my dogs.

I miss my dogs because they are the only constant happy things in life. Dogs are really special that way! They love without questions and without hesitation. No matter what I look like, or smell like they will lick my face until their hearts are content. Every single time I come in the door, they are ready to play and love me, even if I have only been away for a matter of minutes.

They are always ready for some fun, but they also like lying around just the same. Usually, they are always ready to cuddle, and even like to cuddle on top of me! They are the best of a blanket and a pet!

So, when my parents text me pictures of my dogs, I am not ashamed to say that I get a little teary eyed. They just make me so happy! They make me happy because they are always happy.

They are so encouraging! They love to be active even when I feel like a lazy bum. So, when I am at school, it takes some extra effort to get myself out of bed and into the gym or on a running path.

But, even if I miss my dogs, I know that I will always be able to see them in a few short hours if absolutely necessary. They will always accept me with a wet tongue and a warm body of love.