Top 5 Go-To Lip Liners
Beauty Fashion

Top 5 Go-To Lip Liners Every College Girl Can Lean On

My favorite features, application, and looks.

131

Applying lip liner is one of my favorite aspects of any beauty routine. Why? Because it is the second to last step of my makeup ritual.

Lip liners are also interesting. Depending on the formula, some products glide like butter on your lips, as opposed to others that drag your lips with the product! Here are my five favorite lip liners from worst to best and why:

Wet n Wild Gel Lip Liner in "Never Petal Down" ($2.99)

Applying lip liner requires the least amount of product. This also makes me want a product lower in price for less replacement costs. The shade "Never Petal Down" offers a girly, feminine look. It its designed to require no sharpening. While using this product, I have noticed that its wearability while eating is quite impressive. Lastly, it has a solid amount of pigmentation.

Milani Color Statement Lipliner in "Spice" ($5)

The shade "Spice" will deliver a '90s grunge look and is notably waxier than others on this list. However, it offers high pigmentation for its price point. This wax texture also helps with longevity throughout the day and helps lipstick application. Lastly, it may smudge, so I recommend a second application throughout the day.

NYX Retractable Lip Liner in "Nude" ($5)

The shade "Nude" delivers a classic, natural look. It delivers high pigmentation and balances a waxy, but buttery texture. It has the least amount of smudging. Lastly, this retractable design requires zero sharpening. If there is anything on the list you want to try, it's this product.

MAC Lip Pencil in "Cherry" ($18)

I love this lip pencil because of its precise application. The product is sharp and offers high pigmentation. This bright cherry shade delivers a bold, seductive look. This product does require sharpening and unfortunately can/will smudge throughout the day. If you use a longwear lipstick, the liner will survive! I use MAC lip pencils for darker shades because of their application.

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in "Rikugien" ($27)

This lip pencil is the largest on the list and has the diameter of a crayon. This may not allow the most precise application. I generally choose a more natural pink shade for this reason. This formula is extremely smooth and has sheer pigmentation. This product is ideal for a natural look and does require multiple reapplications throughout the day. The shade "Rikugien" delivers a romantic spring date look.

Lip pencils are almost like a primer for your lips. A strong, sharp application can help the longevity of your lipstick. These shades ranging from nude to red have made it onto this list because of how frequently I use them. Like all products, I strongly recommend doing research before purchasing your product. When choosing products, consider what features you are searching for. For example, I gravitate toward retractable liners because they require less care (sharpening).

I hope you enjoyed this article, and stay tuned for the next installment of my "Top 5 Favorites" series! Next week, I'll touch on my top five favorite lipsticks.