Top 5 Binge-Worthy Shows to Watch on Netflix

'You'll never leave the house again"

106
northern virginia magazine

Whether your done watching a previous show and need something new to watch or want to give yourself a well-deserved few hours of binge-watching a new series after finishing an exam. At some point, you'll need new shows to watch, but Netflix can be overwhelming with so many shows to choose from. You find yourself scrolling to find something you'll like, but sometimes that can take as long as an hour and you don't always like your first choice. I can't tell you how many times I've closed out of a series I watched mid-episode and hated. To help anyone avoid from going through the same thing, I've compiled a few shows I've watched that it think people would really enjoy. You might want to get comfortable for this!

1. "Santa Clarita Diet"

In this Netflix original series, 'Drew Barrymore' plays the lead as Sheila, a newly-turned zombie. Now she has to learn to find ways to satisfy her cravings, continue living her real-estate job alongside her husband Joel, 'Timothy Olyphant', not raise suspicion that she's the one who's been killing people all the while playing the role of mom and odd neighbor.

2. "A Series of Unfortunate Events"

'Neil Patrick Harris' plays Count Olaf in this dark-comedy Netflix original. Based on the novel series "Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events", it follows three orphan children who are on a mission to investigate their parents mysterious death. As a result their left to live with their mysterious and evil guardian Count Olaf, who's only interested in their money. The siblings are left to come up with plan and disguises meant to trick Olaf before he can outsmart them.

3. "13 Reasons Why"

Another Netflix original this teen mystery drama follows Clay, a high school student who tries to find out why his friend Hannah took her own life and all the moments leading up to it. Events start to unravel as the finds and gets sent tapes to start putting pieces of her life together. Along the way appear the bullies, friends, neighbors, family and aquaintances in Hannah's life that try to interpret her decision and the case that evolves because of them.

4. "Riverdale"

A series based on the "Archie" comics set in the small town of "Riverdale". What starts as a murder mystery has everyone in suspicion including Archie and his friends. As high school students they have to deal with secrets in their town, family, new students, relationships and the serpents.

5. "The Good Place"

'Kristen Bell', plays the lead in this fantasy comedy series picking up where she has died and ended up in a heaven-like utopia. In this afterlife she learns she does not belong and was sent my mistake and now she has to learn to keep it a secret. Along the way she learns to become a better person, learn her purpose and has the occasional mishaps with her partner and odd-neighbors.