Top 10 Zoo Animals

Top 10 Zoo Animals

Because the zoo never gets old.

4591
Top 10 Zoo Animals
Animal Funny Facts

Every single day of the year, zoos become packed with a ton of kids who are in awe by all of the different looking creatures. Whether the animal is big, small, striped, or spotted there is nothing more exciting for a kid to see than a bunch of different animals. Kids recognize animals from different movies and stuffed animals, so to see real, living animals in person is absolutely breathtaking for young children. Here we will count down the top 10 animals kids, or anyone of any age, can see at the zoo.

10. Warthogs

They may come off as ugly and dirty animals, but in the end what is cooler than splashing around in some mud in the middle of the day? Kids love watching the warthogs get down and dirty. Also, every kid has seen "The Lion King," so when they see a warthog they get to shout “Pumba!”

9. Zebras

Kids love the black and white stripes that zebras sport. They also enjoy the debate about whether a zebra is an animal that is white with black stripes or black with white stripes.

8. Panda Bear

The panda bear is a very rare animal to see nowadays. They are part of the many endangered species around the world. Because they are rare, they are extremely special to see in person. They are also very distinct looking. Also, who doesn’t love "Kung Fu Panda"?

7. Lions

Kids love to see the lions because they are the kings of the jungle. A lion rules all other animals. They are so strong and fierce looking and kids love the big furry mane around this animal's neck. The best part is when the lion lets out a loud roar.

6. White Tiger

There is something special about a white tiger compared to a Bengal tiger. The kids always seem to be more attracted to the white tiger as its majestic white fur captures their attention.

5. Meerkats

Another fan favorite is the small looking rodent from Africa. Meerkats are very hyper and are always active for the kids at the zoo from scurrying around their exhibit to digging millions of holes where they pop their heads out of. We cannot forget about Pumba’s companion, Timon from "The Lion King." The kids love the combination of Timon and Pumba.

4. Elephants

The elephant is a giant animal that makes kids' jaws drop to the ground. Elephants are very smart animals and love to do such things as balancing on balls and logs, eating peanuts, and blowing water out of their trunks. What kid doesn’t love watching their big ears flap around while swinging their massive trunks from side to side?

3. Penguins

Every kid loves some penguins as they are the animal nobody ever gets to see because they are from the ice cold land of Antarctica. Penguins swim and slide around the ice like hockey players. It does not get much more entertaining than that for the children.

2. Otters

Otters are small, long rodents that give off a repulsive smell, but one cannot back away from them as they are too fun to watch. They swim so gracefully through the water and are often seen sliding down some slides into water. Kids genuinely love watching an otter going down its own slip 'n' slide.

1. Monkeys

Primates are always a favorite for kids. Monkeys swing from branch to branch so quickly, they climb trees and they have absolutely no fear. They can be the most playful animal to watch at the zoo and kids are not able to back away from them as they have so much fun watching them. Also, watch out for feeding time because that is when the monkeys get the most wild as they are hungry and fight for all the food.