Top 10 Clara Oswald Moments

Top 10 Clara Oswald Moments

A definitive list of the Impossible Girl's greatest moments.

192
Top 10 Clara Oswald Moments
jnvsenackles

If you've hung around here for a while, then you're very familiar with our overwhelming fondness for Doctor Who as well as our love for Clara Oswald, the Doctor's companion for the past three years. So, as the season winds down to a close, we thought we'd take a look back at some of Clara's greatest moments.

WARNING: Major spoilers lie ahead. You have been warned.

I'm Clara Oswald, and I am enough.

In her first proper extraterrestrial adventure with the Doctor, Clara takes Eleven to task for his obsession with the Impossible Girl, declaring, "If you want me to travel with you, that's fine, but as me. I'm not a bargain basement stand-in for someone else. I'm not going to compete with a ghost."

You tell 'em, bae.

Teaming up with the TARDIS to save the Doctor.

Clara and the TARDIS haven't always gotten along, especially not at first. But that begins to change in "Hide," when Clara must convince the TARDIS to enter a pocket universe so that the two of them can save the Doctor.

Clara and the TARDIS wind up on much better terms, though, as Clara categorically proves time and time again that she's a kind and selfless companion.

"I'm the Doctor."

In one of the arguably best moments of season eight, Clara has to act as the Doctor, so she decides to run with it. What results is both a Crowning Moment of Funny and a turning point in her characterization.

http://lilacandgray.tumblr.com/post/128549949354/pxtercapaldi-requested-by-anon

Her monologue in "Listen."

One of the best speeches of season 8 goes to Clara when she comforts a fearful young Gallifreyan about the nature of fear. Give it a "Listen."

Very nearly negotiating peace with the Mire.

Clara often finds herself in delicate positions, and "The Girl Who Died" is no exception. She has to broker some sort of truce between a Viking village and a bloodthirsty alien army, so she does so with humor and wit. She very nearly succeeds, too, but a certain someone intervenes and ruins her work.

http://girladactyl.tumblr.com/post/131403134559

Confronting the Great Intelligence.

Clara, the Impossible Girl, is very much an ordinary human, but her character is extraordinary. In one of her most defining moments, she selflessly dives into the Doctor's time stream to save him from the threat of the Great Intelligence. Doing this effectively splinters her and would kill her, but that's just how brave and loyal she is. Before she does, though, she looks back at the Doctor and utters the line that calls us back to her very first appearance in a Crowning Moment of Awesome.

Calling the Doctor out on his callousness.

Clara and the Doctor are best friends, but that doesn't mean they always get along. In fact, the Doctor goes too far when trying to hand over the fate of the Earth to Clara, one of her students, and an astronaut, effectively leaving the course of human history in their hands and running off. This understandably upsets her, and she gives her best friend an earful when he returns.

http://timeandspacegifs.tumblr.com/post/99263353355/claras-speech-requested-by-anonymous

Reminding the Doctor who he is.

In the 50th anniversary special, Clara meets two new-to-her incarnations of the Doctor on the darkest day in Gallifrey's history. She stands by the Doctor as he's faced once again with the most difficult choice of his life, reminding him to be a Doctor. It's thanks to her that Gallifrey falls no more.

http://pr3ttywhitelies.tumblr.com/post/101628012226

Her last words to the Doctor.

Clara's farewell speech to the Doctor reminds us of her courage and kindness. She pleads with him, her bereft best friend, not to avenge her but instead to heal himself, a final message of love before she leaves.

http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/post/133696779406/you-listen-to-me-youre-going-to-be-alone-now

Facing the raven.

"This is as brave as I know how to be," Clara tells the Doctor before going to, quite literally, face her death. She doesn't run. She doesn't cower. She dies well, with courage and selflessness.

(x)

We'll miss you, Impossible Girl.

What are some of your favorite Clara moments? What did you think of Face the Raven? Which companion do you miss most?