Tomi Lahren Is Using COVID To Spread Political Vitriol And I'm Disappointed — But Not Surprised
Currently

People's lives are in danger, it's not the time to be petty.

509

Tomi Lahren... what can I say other than she thrives on controversy. I'm not here to critique Lahren for her views, though, because this isn't about being a part of the right or the left or somewhere in between, it's about using a pandemic for her own personal gain. (And, let's not forget she utilized the ribbon logo associated with cancer survivors.)

Lahren posted the following photo and caption on her Twitter.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's one of the beautiful things about living in America: there isn't one way to think. You can research the various views on an issue and make an informed decision for yourself based on that information. Views can change as you age or as you experience different things, and that's the really awesome thing about America. We allow for that.

What we shouldn't allow, though, is using a pandemic for your own personal gain to frame the opposing side as a disease.

You can disagree and have productive conversations with the other side all day long, but dialogue, or the lack thereof, in a post like this is what causes America to have deep divides with deeply rooted problems that continue to form a wedge between the right and the left, which is something we don't need in the middle of such an unprecedented time for the country.

More than 162,000 Americans have lost their lives to coronavirus and Lahren decides to make light of that and turn this into a political battle. Stop turning a pandemic and global tragedy into a talking point to fear monger and spread hate in an already scary time. Just because the pandemic hasn't touched you, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In fact, I've had the pandemic hit my life first hand, and when I see Lahren making this into a political thing, it's disgusting.

Coronavirus wasn't brought on us by liberals, and it wasn't brought on us by conservatives or even anyone in between. It happened because it happened, plain and simple, and we need to stop battling and turning this into anything other than a global health crisis.

I truly believe America has potential to be the best place to live and thrive, but it will never get there if we can't step away from our own selves for 30 seconds and just accept something as it is, accepts that not everything needs to be political... even though historically everything has been political.

Step back, care about people for once — and not a political agenda.