To Those I Have Met During College

To Those I Have Met During College

I owe each and every one of a you a huge thank you.

11
To Those I Have Met During College
LA Voice It

I want to start off with a huge thank you.

As an incoming senior, I have been thinking about how my time at Baylor will shortly be coming to an end. I never believed college would go as quickly as people said it would, but boy I was wrong.

To say I have met incredible human beings within the past three years here at Baylor, would be an understatement. I have met people that have challenged me to get the hell out of my comfort zone and start living without fear. I have met people from walks of life similar and different to mine. I have met people who I instantly clicked with the second I met them. I have met people who I know will be standing next to me on my future wedding day. I have met people who I now consider family.

I have also met people who I thought would be in my life forever but instead drifted away. I have met people who I did not get along with. I have met people who have hurt me and who I have hurt.

Although different people I have met during college have impacted me in different ways- each person has ultimately brought me to the place where I am today.

I want to say thank you, again.

There are so many people I have met that make me laugh harder than I have ever laughed before. Many of them are not my close friends, but they still have brought a huge smile to my face and such joy to my life whenever I do happen to run into them. There’s one person in particular I remember telling me to laugh it off if and when someone is rude to me. As a natural reactor, I found it strange to use humor to shrug off an annoyance. But hey, it actually turned out to be one of the best advices I have ever received.

And speaking of laughter, I have to of course mention my roommates. You all are the most non-judgmental, courageous, and supportive people I have ever met. I thank God for bringing each of you into my life and making my home in the good ole’ Baylor neighborhood feel just as warm and welcoming as my real home. I have never once walked into that home feeling unloved. You are all so special and deserve every dream you each have to come true.

And to the other special friends who are not my roommates, but who I know will be my lifelong friends- you all mean so much to me. I am so inspired by each of you daily. There’s one friend who always has a smile on her face even when life isn’t so bright. She’s the most sociable person I know and I wish I could have that same energy and charisma she seems to exert just about 24/7. There’s another friend who will listen to me for endless hours, grab a cup of coffee with me, and go walk McLane. Life talks with you are just the absolute best. Your generous, pure, and forgiving heart is admirable.

And last but not least, to those who might not be in my life forever but yet have still impacted me in enormous or minuscule ways: you all have so much to offer. I have learned so much from each of you and even if hurt has been involved- I could still list countless positive qualities about you if someone asked me to. There’s one person who although we are not friends anymore, I will never forget how much love she poured out to others even when they weren’t deserving of it. Your selflessness still inspires me. I will never forget the irreplaceable and countless memories I have made with each of you.

And now, as senior year approaches in a few months, I feel more ready than ever. I am going to take each and every day with such gratitude and really live by the philosophy of carpe diem. Even when a day can’t seem to get any crappier, I will take it all in.

I cannot wait to make more memories with everyone starting this upcoming fall. Junior year was one for the books, and I know senior year will be even better. So let’s put any bad times from the past aside, and embrace the good ones ahead. Let’s make this upcoming school year the best one yet.