To The New Resident of Wesley 112

To The New Resident of Wesley 112

It's more than just a dorm room to me.

21
To The New Resident of Wesley 112
Doodlebug Designs

Dear future resident of Wesley 112,

Wesley 112 was my last dorm room on the campus of Columbia College. Many memories have been made and I just want to let the new resident of this room know how much this dorm room has seen, and also how much living here meant to me. This dorm room held many laughs, tears, meltdowns, and more. I have moved on from Wesley, but I will forever cherish these movements.

My friendship with my best friend, Bailey, grew in this room.

I heard the awful news that one of my high school friends died by suicide.

My friend's death caused me to do greater things to raise awareness on campus and in Columbia.

I realized what I wanted to do, career -wise.

So many rounds of Cards Against Humanity were played.

Wesley 112 is the room where I created the works of art for my friend's fundraiser.

Bailey and I found a lizard in our room and named him Snape because Alan Rickman had died that week.

So many pranks were conducted in this room...

History papers were written within hours of the due date because Bailey and I could not figure out time management to save our lives.

Tearful embraces were held here as we heard terrible and heartbreaking news of death, illness, and more.

Many embarrassing and hilarious conversations were discussed in room 112.

Craft nights were conducted here.

The whole Lacrosse team came in to take a picture with my pet rabbit.

Late nights and early mornings of studying and project preparing happened every once in a while.

So many seasons of shows on Netflix were gone through.

Tons of naps were taken in between classes.

Many cuddle parties happened with my lovely roommates.

This dorm room might seem like a plain, old room for you to stay in for the year. However, I hope you find as many memories in the making like I have. Cherish every little moment that passes by. Write it down and look back at it, years from now. You won't regret it