To the Life of Benji

To the Life of Benji

To My Wonderful Co Worker and Future Attorney

212
To the Life of Benji
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/29/6364758933900966161235883485_the-beach-001-1598x900.jpg

I miss our Starbucks dates. I miss working at the law firm with you. I miss dealing with the crazy clients and tendering auto insurance policies with you. You and I shared a passion, a passion for the law. You were a super hard worker, and you made a lot of clients happy. You were studying for the LSAT, and you worked super hard at it. You were applying to law schools. You were a very happy kid. You texted your mom every night and told her how much you loved her, and that's why I absolutely refuse to believe that this was a murder suicide. You had goals and aspirations for yourself, and your worked toward them every single day. You were put on this earth to help people, and it kills me that you were only given 25 years. However, I also know that deep down, you and your brother are in a much better place, even though you deserve to be here, kicking ass and making bank as an attorney. You are a reminder that life is so incredibly precious, and each day, each second is a blessing. You were a good person with a very good heart, and you deserve to be here right now.

However, like any form of adversity, we have absolutely no choice but to come together, help each other, and stay positive. It's crazy how people coming together with others makes everything seemingly okay, even though it's not. Probably my favorite memory with you was when we would take breaks from the endless files and cases to play games and laugh. Or when we would all get off work on a Friday and go to El Torito, that was a fun time. I remember your last day at the firm, we brought you a cake and talked about how awesome you were. I worked with you for a total of 5 months, and those were a very nice 5 months that I will forever cherish.

Today we got to celebrate your life. You have the sweetest mom and sister, and they are beautiful and strong women who will overcome this. Your sister has a wonder fiancé who will take good care of them, and they are very lucky to have him. What a wonderful and short 25 years that God gave you on this earth. 25 years is a long time, and you were very lucky to have been given that. You were the first person that I have ever seen lay in a casket, as you and your brother are a reminder to live life to the fullest, because you guys did. You looked so peaceful, because I know you are.

Benji, you are well, and so is your little brother Brandon. May the two of you rest in peace, as your memory will never be forgotten. I know for a fact that your a much better place then this fallen world that we live in. I know that you and your brother are safe and happy.

In memory of my Co worker- Benjamin Ullestad and his brother Brandon Ullestad. Rest in Peace, my sweet friend.