To The Woman Who Knows What I’m Going To Say, Even Before I Say It
Friendships

How does it go in the well-known children's movie "Frozen"? Hans and Anna finish each other's … sandwiches? This relationship is a little something like that one.

538
Grace Lindsley

I bet if I asked a group of people who the most influential woman in their lives is, they would most likely answer with their mom, or a mom figure. What makes moms so awesome? How do they always know what to say, and when to say it? How does the comfort of their voice somehow make any bad day or situation that much better? Now that I am able to say I have my first year of college under my belt, there is some major 'thank yous' in order to the leading lady in my life. (Yes, you guessed it, it's my mom.)

Thank you for always being in my corner, cheering me on every step of the way. No matter if it was an accomplishment or defeat, you never once doubted me, or left my side.

Thank you for showing me what it means to never leave someone's side. There were days that home seemed a little too far away, and a text just didn't fix it. Knowing when I needed that little extra love of a phone call or facetime is what made some of the hard days, easier.

Thank you for giving the best advice. I knew whenever I needed help with a sticky situation, you were there to help me through it.

Thank you for shaping me to be the best version of myself possible. With the advice you'd give me, it would make me strive to want to be a better 'me', always, by teaching me to stay true to myself, and to put my best foot forward, even on the days that I didn't want to.

Thank you for having a good sense of style. Weather I would take your clothes on weekend visits home without you knowing, or you would ship me the new trendy top that you found (on sale of course), you never failed to make me feel confident in what I was dressed in any day of the week.

Thank you for having such a good sense of humor. I always knew the stress and anxiety I had while studying for a test would somehow go away if I took a break to facetime you, talk it out, and somehow end up laughing until my stomach hurt.

Thank you for always being the first one to say good morning, and the last to say goodnight. It is crazy to think a year ago, that was something we never had to text each other, because yelling it down the hall from each other's bedrooms would suffice. Waking up to your 'good mornings', started my days off right, and going to bed with your 'goodnights' made my nights of sleep that much better.

And finally, thank you for being my best friend. I really mean it when I say I couldn't do life without you. You are such a special human, and I am so lucky to have as rare of a gem like you to call my mom.