To The Girl Who’s Not Getting Engaged or Expecting This Holiday Season

It’s okay to be at a different stage in your life.

23
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5g5cAyhxk1/?igshid=teofbkg7e6wq
@aerie/Instagram

To the girl who’s not announcing that ‘big’ news this holiday season,

It’s okay. It’s okay to be slightly jealous of that girl on your feed’s beautiful ring or her seemingly perfect life; however, it’s also okay to be happy where you are in your own journey. It’s okay to not be in a committed relationship yet. There’s no reason you should be upset that you don’t have a boyfriend, you have plenty of other things in your life to be proud of!

Maybe you're in school, maybe you're working, or maybe you're just trying to decide what you want to do with your life.

No one’s journey has the same layout, so don’t compare where you are at in your life to anyone else’s! It’s like comparing apples to oranges. You are achieving your goals at your pace and that’s perfectly okay! Don’t focus on finding your person and making that seeming perfect life, focus on you and the rest will follow. It’s much more important to find your happiness and pursue what you love to do than to worry about finding someone to settle down with.

I want you to know that it’s perfectly okay for you to not be getting engaged or expecting this holiday season. It’s okay for you to be at a different stage in your life than everyone on your Instagram feed seems to be. Just because someone reaches that point in their life before you do does not mean that you’re a failure. All that means is that God is still working on your man to make him the best partner he can be, and all you can do is work on being the best you that you can be.
With love,

A girl who doesn’t have the ‘big’ news to share