It's Okay To Still Be Figuring Yourself Out

It's Ok To Still Be Figuring Yourself Out, You Don't Have To Know Everything Right Now

If you're feeling a little overwhelmed, take a step back

342
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-pink-top-1036620/

To all the girls out there, it's okay to still be figuring yourself out.

By the time we're in high school we're expected to know what we want to do for the rest of our lives, but that doesn't always happen and that's okay. By the time we're in college we're expected to know exactly who we are as a person, but that doesn't always happen and that's okay. You're allowed time to work on yourself first.

In life, if you don't take the time to put your health (mental, emotional, and physical) first it's going to take a toll on you. But there's no rush to do this and don't let anyone tell you that you're doing a bad job of figuring yourself out or that you're already supposed to be passed that point. We are still growing up in many ways, and that's okay.

Mama said there'd be days like these, and she was right. Some days it seems as if everyone else has their life figured out by now. They're lying. And there will be more days where it feels like the world is falling apart at your feet. It's not, it's quivering when you walk knowing the potential you have. You just have to learn how to step.

So what if you don't know what your major is or have no idea where your life is going? It's alright, it's better to take a long time deciding or change your mind a hundred times than being stuck in a job that you hate. One day you'll do great things. It might take a little bit of figuring out, but that's okay.

Now the topic of friends. This can be a tricky topic sometimes. People come and go like the waves of the ocean. The good ones stay, they're the ones that feel like home. You can walk up to them and immediately be enveloped in a hug or kind words. They're the ones that are going to tell you what you need to hear, regardless if you want to hear it or not. The bad ones are like a poisonous flower, they might look pretty but they can be deadly. They have millions of tiny strings in everything, tugging at each one to see how it reacts. Sometimes they leave you, and that's okay. It hurts at the moment, but it's worth it in the end. Sometimes you have to leave them, and that's okay too. You don't want to hang around someone that does nothing but hurt you.

If you're feeling a little overwhelmed, take a step back. Breathe deeply and focus on you. If doing some self-care is what you need, then do it. Take a bubble bath, read a good book, call up a friend, take a walk. Take some alone time to notice your likes and dislikes, how you react in different situations, and what's best for you in any and all aspects of life. There's nothing more important than learning who you are and learning to love yourself. Finding your own way is going to take some work. You might get lost, you might have to retrace your steps a little, but that's okay. People change, and you will too so figuring yourself out might be a lifelong process, but that's okay.