Through Thick And Thin

Through Thick And Thin

We are friends for a reason.

109
Through Thick And Thin

We meet so many people in our lives, and yet we choose anywhere between 1 to 5 people to be our closest friends. These are the ones we consider to be our "best friends".

The ones that we choose to go through thick and thin with. They help complete us and bring us joy, love, safety, and comfort.

I have done a recent poll and questionnaire over social media with a random grouping of people who answered them. My poll was a yes or no question of "have you ever talked crap behind your best friends back?" Surprisingly, 68% of people answered "No" to the poll.

That was a great find in my opinion because who wants to have a best friend that talks behind your back?

The questionnaire was "What do you look for in a TRUE friend?" Not a lot of people actually answered this one, but what answers I did get were great.

People had told me that what they look for in a true friend is loyalty, honesty, integrity, being there through every high and low, and being open-minded towards each other's views and beliefs. In my own opinion, all of these are great characteristics of a best friend.

People want someone who is going to be there for them through thick and thin. Through every rant, cry, laugh, celebration, and more. Who wouldn't want a friend like that?

We create friendships that don't last, and we create friendships that last a lifetime. The connection between one person and their best friend is a true love relationship.

Friendships make the world go around. What would we have without the connections, the communications, and the adventures with people that we meet? What memories would be built without someone there through everything with you?

My best friends are people that I know, no matter what, we will always be there for each other.

Yes, we can get annoyed with one another, but our friendships are also so strong that we are able to communicate with each other and let each other know how we're truly feeling.

It's crazy to think that my best friends now are people that I have known only for the past three years vs people that I have known since kindergarten.

It doesn't matter how long you know someone. It only matters on the connection and memories that you build with that person. Your best friend is your other half.

They are your comfort and the person who can make you laugh when you want to cry. They are the person who has your back when you're ready to off of on a bully. Your best friend is the person who is there through thick and thin. No matter what.