5 Thoughts You've Had In The Grext

5 Thoughts You've Had In The Grext

Grext = Group Text

120
5 Thoughts You've Had In The Grext

We all have that grext -- the one comprised of a few of your best friends, the one in which secrets are shared, boys are discussed, weekend plans are deliberated... it's the chat you immediately turn to to say anything from how you finally got that stubborn seed out of your teeth to how you aced your Econ test. Alas, and any member of an active grext will be quick to recognize a few of these common situations.

1. Getting completely ignored

It happens to the best of us -- you send what you thought was a witty, important addition to the conversation only to be completely shut down. Not getting the recognition you deserve (or think you deserve) from other chat members makes you want to scream "Guys can we just appreciate that funny thing I said for a sec?!"

2. Receiving that side text

The number one way to know that one of your friends stepped into dangerous territory is when you receive the side text from another friend -- the one that's sent only to you that says something along the lines of, "I can't believe she just said that." There's no greater indication of a grext faux pas than for a mini conversation to start up outside of the group to discuss the monstrosity that just occurred. (Also, thanks Ke$ha for this perfect facial expression.)

3. Coming back to 100 unread grext messages

Granted, in this day in age, you rarely leave your phone unattended for very long, but on the off chance that an hour or two goes by without your trusty device, you can bet you'll return to a slew of messages. Plans will have been made, cancelled, and remade, there will have been a debate, an outfit deliberation, and a breakup, and you'll have to spend the next 30 minutes sitting on your bed catching up.

4. Frantically typing to get your joke out before the conversation changes

More often than not, the grext consists of 20 minutes straight of rapid fire jokes and ripping off one another until it's not even that funny anymore. When everyone is by their phones and in that weird mood, you know that keeping up with this line of conversation will command your full attention, and sometimes just trying to get that last joke in before the convo takes a turn requires turbo typing at its finest.

5. Realizing just how much you love your bizarre best friends

After another full day of action on the grext, I, at least, have often thought of how thankful I am to have these bizarre and wonderful people in my life. No one else will respond to my non sequiturs or moments of extreme emotion with as much excitement as my BFFs. May the grext live on until we're too old to type!