You Need To Be Watching 'This Is Us'

'This Is Us' Is The Show You NEED To Be Watching Because Of These 6 Heartwarming Reasons

The show that melts our heart every Tuesday night

70

'This Is Us' is an American drama series that exemplifies the strong connection between one unique family and the struggles they face, love they endure, and happiness they strive to achieve.

Streamed every Tuesday night on NBC, our hearts race as we watch the series unfold, especially when Jack Pearson (Milo Anthony Ventimiglia) enters the scene with his beautiful wife, Rebecca Pearson (Mandy Moore). The couple is THE epitome to what every young married couple and soon to be parents strive to be, with the love they share and difficulties they face together as they raise their three children, Kate (Chrissy Metz), Kevin (Justin Hartley) and adopted son, Randall (Sterling K. Brown).

As each episode takes place jumping back and forth in time to when the characters were younger and older, new characters are consistently introduced, like Randall's later on wife, Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson) and Kate's later on husband, Toby (Chris Sullivan) to follow the plot line and outcome of the lives of each character. The greatest gift an audience can receive while watching this show is truly seeing how each character grows over time from what they have experienced.

If you aren't already obsessing over "This Is Us", here are 6 important reasons why you need to get your Hulu account ready and start binge-watching IMMEDIATELY.

1. Thanks to Jack and Rebecca Pearson, we have a new set of expectations for what #RelationshipGoals really are

Ladies, we should be aspiring to find a man like Jack Pearson in our lives. The way he looks at her, takes care of her, loves her unconditionally and makes every bad situation into a positive one is truly admiring. Boys, take notes... Jack Pearson, you are my man crush EVERY DAY.

2. Learning to love yourself alongside Kate

As each episode progresses, it becomes more clear that Kate struggles with accepting her body and loving herself because of her constant fight with a weight loss problem. Kate allows her weight to set herself backward from new experiences. Over time, we see her become more confident with herself and her abilities, which empowers women everywhere to love the bodies they were born with, and that anyone is capable of accomplishing their dreams.

3. Randall Pearson teaches us how to handle the constant pressure to be perfect in life

From a young age, we see that Randall does not handle his anxious nerves and stress well, something we all can easily relate to. Watching him struggle to keep up a persona as the perfect dad, employee, and husband, Randall learns after reuniting with his birth father, William (Ron Cephas Jones) to take life one day at a time and not worry about this idea of being a "perfect human".

4. You learn how to support your person during their toughest times, like Toby and Kate

These two are a match made in heaven. Although they both struggle with their own demons, the one constant thing they have is each other. The love and support they are consistently giving one another to push them through their dark times is something every couple should strive for in their relationship!

We all have someone in our life we can rely on during our darkest times. If you have your person, never forget to be appreciative for all they do for you.

5. You learn to consistently chase after your dreams like Kevin with his acting careerĀ 

After Kevin quits his job as the lead on the television show, "The Manny", he struggles to find work elsewhere. He is consistently striving for something new and fresh. Although we see him become very discouraged when things don't work out according to plan, he is consistently searching for a new opportunity to prove his talent, something we all should strive to do when our own personal plans don't work out accordingly.

6. The relationships between Kate, Kevin, and Randall will make you want to pull your siblings even closer

If there is anything you can rely on in your life, its the constant support from your siblings. The special relationship Kevin, Kate, and Randall share with one another will make your heart melt every episode as they use their previous hardships and tough experiences, such as witnessing their fathers death, to grow closer to one another and form a stronger relationship.

If these six reasons didn't motivate you to tune into this show that is sweeping popularity across the country then I don't know what will!

The most important aspect of 'This Is Us' is that it is a constant reminder of what you go through, is what you grow through. We all go through tough times, but this show is a perfect example that to get through all of the struggles, we must remember that the foundation of every family and strong relationship, is love.

If you have someone in your life, don't forget to tell them often that you love them! This show is great for showing how difficult goodbyes can be.

Plus, can we talk about how cute the main male characters are... That's a story for another article!