Dear Thirty Year Old Me
Life Stages

Dear 31-Year Old Me, I Hope You Know

The past ten years only made improvements darling.

117
Dear 31-Year Old Me, I Hope You Know
https://unsplash.com/photos/mjjS5a8VROw

First of all, congratulations on making it to thirty. You just bossed your way through probably one of the most tumultuous decades of your life and just woah.

This is the decade that you hoped would be filled with big changes and goals achieved. You wanted to get married in your twenties and possibly have a kid. You dreamed of landing that huge job and finally working in an environment that makes you thrive and create beautiful things. You had big plans.

Did any of it come to pass? If it didn't, I hope what happened in its place is just as fulfilling and makes you incredibly happy.

You began your twenties with hopes for love and fulfillment and I hope as you read this, you know that your years were filled with these things and you have only happy memories to look back on. I hope you fell in love. I hope you fell hard, and I hope that you feel you are living life to the fullest and completely thriving.

I hope you didn't experience too much loss during this time. I hope life didn't break you and I hope that you wake up every day hopeful. I hope you are still well-supported and thankful for every good thing.

If your life is not at all what you pictured, and you don't wake up every day fulfilled and hopeful, I hope you have strength. This world is filled with loss and despair, but you have been born with the tools and strength to overcome it. You have experienced loss and hopelessness and you know better than anyone, that there is always a rise in the fall.

I hope you look at this new decade as a fresh start. Whatever went right or wrong in the past ten years is all behind you and what's in front of you is an amazing blank slate. Take it and draw a masterpiece. Take every chance, fill your days with smiles, and go to bed each night knowing you had a good day and wake up with hope and joy at another chance to live.

Your life has only just begun, and you have so many more chances to live. So, cheers. To the next ten years.